S250 PWM switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dforbes

I am new to the forum, looks like there is a lot of information here. I have a 2005 S250 which I am having some issues with. Some times when I am running an attachment the hydrolics will quit working. It throws a code 12-23 which is front auxillary PWM switch not in neutral. You can let it set for 30 minutes or so then it will usually work again. Also lately, just when running with the bucket on I here 3 beeps. Checking the codes sometimes it is 12-21 which is front auxillary PWM switch out of high range, and sometimes it is 12-22 which is front auxillary PWM switch out of low range. I have purchased a service manual for my machine.It has a lot of information, but not how to troubleshoot this problem that I can find. I also did a search on this site, and although I did not find anything specific to my machine, I found other machines that had the same problem. I think that I need to start at the control handle. Take it apart and look for coroded wires, loose connections, frayed wires ect. If none are found then move on to testing wires and switches as described in my manual. Is this the right place to start? If not could you give me some suggestions, or if there is a troubleshooting guide in my manual, could you tell me what page to look on. Thanks Dennis

Dogsluvtrux

s/n is 526015010 Thanks for the help Dennis
I have eight pages of info on trouble shooting these codes for this machine...shoot me an email with a fax number and I can send it over or email you a pdf...I cant figure out how to post a pdf on this site...

OP
OP
D

dforbes

I have eight pages of info on trouble shooting these codes for this machine...shoot me an email with a fax number and I can send it over or email you a pdf...I cant figure out how to post a pdf on this site...
email sent. thanks, dennis

Dogsluvtrux

Thank you so much for the troubleshooting guides you sent me. I probably won't get a chance to check it out till Saturday. I will let you know what I figure out.
You're more than welcome...let me know if I can do anything else.

OP
OP
D

dforbes

You're more than welcome...let me know if I can do anything else.
Dogsluvtrux Just wanted to stop by and fill you in. Since I got the troubleshooting guides from you, my machine has not thrown the codes anymore. The only thing that is differant is it got cold and has stayed cold. Don't understand it but for now I will be happy. I am sure this problem will show up again at some point. Was hoping to get this fixed while things were slow but, if its not broke I can't fix it Thanks again for your help. Dennis

jeffehlen

Dogsluvtrux Just wanted to stop by and fill you in. Since I got the troubleshooting guides from you, my machine has not thrown the codes anymore. The only thing that is differant is it got cold and has stayed cold. Don't understand it but for now I will be happy. I am sure this problem will show up again at some point. Was hoping to get this fixed while things were slow but, if its not broke I can't fix it Thanks again for your help. Dennis
I've got the same problem going on with my machine I push the variable flow button and nothing happens now we got below zero and I went out and it's working. Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your machine?