S250 BICS Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrv8outboard

Hi there. I have an S250 and the "lift & tilt" light is out and the foot pedals are locked. Pulled the controller out and ohm out the harness and all the circuits are okay. Checked for codes using the "lights" button and have none. Has anyone come across this type of issue or have any direction on what to trouble shoot? I believe it is a 2004 vintage. Enclosed cab with heat and AC. I also checked the door switch. It is okay. Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
M

mrv8outboard

All other BICS are on. No "lift & tilt" light and the foot pedals are locked. The machine will move.
I have continued troubleshooting and have more symptoms. If I turn on the machine but do not start it I get all four BICS lights and the pedals work, I then start it and the "lift & tilt" light goes out and pedals lock. If I unplug both the lift & tilt spool lock solenoids I get a code 18-07 (Spool Lock Solenoid open circuit). If I plug one of the two solenoids back in I get no code. If I plug the other one in I get code 18-06 (Spool Lock Solenoid short to ground) you would think bad solenoid. So I ohm'ed out the solenoids and they were both 5.8 ohms. Also tried a new solenoid, same. So how can you have the same circuit open and shorted to ground? Is my control module bad? This is where I am at without a theory of operation of the module.

OP
OP
M

mrv8outboard

I have continued troubleshooting and have more symptoms. If I turn on the machine but do not start it I get all four BICS lights and the pedals work, I then start it and the "lift & tilt" light goes out and pedals lock. If I unplug both the lift & tilt spool lock solenoids I get a code 18-07 (Spool Lock Solenoid open circuit). If I plug one of the two solenoids back in I get no code. If I plug the other one in I get code 18-06 (Spool Lock Solenoid short to ground) you would think bad solenoid. So I ohm'ed out the solenoids and they were both 5.8 ohms. Also tried a new solenoid, same. So how can you have the same circuit open and shorted to ground? Is my control module bad? This is where I am at without a theory of operation of the module.
Okay, so as of now I pulled a control module out of an S300 (optioned the same) and plugged it into my S250 and it worked fine. So I believe it is the control module. I now go in search of a replacement.

biggie

Not trying to b a ahole, but , r the pedal buckets,and linkages free and open?

rnbuck01

I have tried to find one salvage to no avail. I guess Monday I will bite the bullet and spend the 771.41 + Tax for a new one. Ouch, but it will be fixed.
Is your seat bar light on when you put your seat bar down? you will have to have a dealer program the new one with the machine.

rnbuck01

Is your seat bar light on when you put your seat bar down? you will have to have a dealer program the new one with the machine.
Once you put it in you cannot return it at all so make sure its that controller. Turn on the key, put seat bar down and press the operate button. Do pedals move at all or are they locked?

OP
OP
M

mrv8outboard

Once you put it in you cannot return it at all so make sure its that controller. Turn on the key, put seat bar down and press the operate button. Do pedals move at all or are they locked?
Seat bar switch works fine. All BICS light but "lift & tilt". The pedals are locked. Disconnect the battery, hook it back up, turn on machine (no start) and the pedals work and the light is on. Start the machine and the light goes out. No codes. If I unplug one of the two solenoids I get a code 18-06 (short to ground). If I unplug the other I get 18-07 (circuit open). It does not matter which one of the solenoids I plug unplug, they both ohm out to 5.8 and 5.9 ohms. A new one is 5.8 ohms. Since it is really hard to have circuit function properly, then short to ground and then see it open I suspected either the left panel or control module. I went to an S300 optioned similar and pulled the module and panel. Put that module in my machine and it was fine. Put the old one in , kaput no "lift & tilt. This is why I am thinking it is the module. If there is a more definitive way the test/troubleshoot please let me know. Thank you.

OP
OP
M

mrv8outboard

Seat bar switch works fine. All BICS light but "lift & tilt". The pedals are locked. Disconnect the battery, hook it back up, turn on machine (no start) and the pedals work and the light is on. Start the machine and the light goes out. No codes. If I unplug one of the two solenoids I get a code 18-06 (short to ground). If I unplug the other I get 18-07 (circuit open). It does not matter which one of the solenoids I plug unplug, they both ohm out to 5.8 and 5.9 ohms. A new one is 5.8 ohms. Since it is really hard to have circuit function properly, then short to ground and then see it open I suspected either the left panel or control module. I went to an S300 optioned similar and pulled the module and panel. Put that module in my machine and it was fine. Put the old one in , kaput no "lift & tilt. This is why I am thinking it is the module. If there is a more definitive way the test/troubleshoot please let me know. Thank you.
Well, here is an update on my issue. I installed a new control module, programed it and it is all good. Thank you all for the support.

Tazza

Staff member
Well, here is an update on my issue. I installed a new control module, programed it and it is all good. Thank you all for the support.
Glad it is working, but it's not awesome that you needed another controller....

Latest posts