S250 2 speed trans

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xtreem3d

hi guys, i have a fairly new to me bobcat S250 that i bought used. how can i tell if i have a 2 speed trans IF the switch on the right handle isn't working? in other words i'm wondering if my machine has a 2 speed trans and that maybe the "solenoid" or switch to activate it doesn't work...how would i know? tia, steve ps...does anyone know if a 2 speed trans is a straight bolt in replacing the single speed ?

nirias

I'm sure there is some way to inspect the mechanical parts, but the easiest way is: The 2 speed bobcats all have a large "2" with "SPEED" superimposed, printed on the rear of the machine below the main arm pivot point. Unless your machine has been repainted that label should still be there.

skidsteer.ca

I'm sure there is some way to inspect the mechanical parts, but the easiest way is: The 2 speed bobcats all have a large "2" with "SPEED" superimposed, printed on the rear of the machine below the main arm pivot point. Unless your machine has been repainted that label should still be there.
I'm sure on many loaders Bobcat puts all the switches in the cab just in case you want the option. My 773 had a "bucket positioning" and "hi flow" switch though it came with neither.
Ken