S220 bob tach valve block bolts broke

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rag69cos

Hey y'all, I was running the s220 today, and it sprung a massive leak. After tearing it down I found it was coming from the bob tach block where it mates to the gear pump. So I was feeling around for the mounting bolts and one of the bolt heads was just sitting there. After checking to see if the rest were hand tight two more broke off in my hand. No tools just my fingers. So only one is holding it now. They snapped right at the head of the Allen head bolt. I am afraid I'm going to have to pull the entire pump out to fix this. Unless the ax is easy to remove, because it sits an inch back from the clock and the bolts are 3" long or so so it'll need to slide back that far to come off. Has anyone seen this before? S220 with 4500 hours. Anyone know if the a/c will unbolt and move maybe 3" to the rear? Or would it be easier to pull the pump? I'm no longer at the ranch, I'll be back in the am to further investigate and probably start tear down. Just hoping for the quickest solution. I move 700# square bails to the feeders with it and kinda need it. I already found the part numbers for the bolt and o ring. So strange the heads just broke out of no where. We've had this machine several years and no one has touched them. I maybe could remove the last bolt slide it back an inch then use needle nose or something to back out the remaining three bolts, they shouldn't be right not having a head. Any insight or info would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty sharp and decent wrench, just no experience with working on skidsteers. Mostly operating. Thanks in advance

edge excavating

Hey y'all, I was running the s220 today, and it sprung a massive leak. After tearing it down I found it was coming from the bob tach block where it mates to the gear pump. So I was feeling around for the mounting bolts and one of the bolt heads was just sitting there. After checking to see if the rest were hand tight two more broke off in my hand. No tools just my fingers. So only one is holding it now. They snapped right at the head of the Allen head bolt. I am afraid I'm going to have to pull the entire pump out to fix this. Unless the ax is easy to remove, because it sits an inch back from the clock and the bolts are 3" long or so so it'll need to slide back that far to come off. Has anyone seen this before? S220 with 4500 hours. Anyone know if the a/c will unbolt and move maybe 3" to the rear? Or would it be easier to pull the pump? I'm no longer at the ranch, I'll be back in the am to further investigate and probably start tear down. Just hoping for the quickest solution. I move 700# square bails to the feeders with it and kinda need it. I already found the part numbers for the bolt and o ring. So strange the heads just broke out of no where. We've had this machine several years and no one has touched them. I maybe could remove the last bolt slide it back an inch then use needle nose or something to back out the remaining three bolts, they shouldn't be right not having a head. Any insight or info would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty sharp and decent wrench, just no experience with working on skidsteers. Mostly operating. Thanks in advance
Hello I'm filling up to see how you were able to get bolts out or fixed? Having the same issue currently. Thanks

Latest posts