S185 will not start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lanceh55

This is a 2004 S185 with about 1760 hrs on it. It has been starting just fine and the last time I used it was about 5 weeks ago. The starter turns OK, no error codes on the display and holding down the lights button for 2 seconds shows "no error". I had problems before with this Bobcat that turned out to be a bad glow plug relay switch. There is a fuel shutoff relay in front of the seat. I will replace that relay and see if corrects the problem. Sure miss this BobCat when it is not working, handy machine.

OP
OP
L

lanceh55

Well the problem was the fuel shut off relay. The engine started with one revolution. There are four of these Omron relays in the "panel" and this was the second one to fail. It is an Omron. G8JN-1C7T-R-D12 which is just an automotive relay. I hope the US Navy is not using these cheep Chinese made relays to activate their radars or collision avoidance systems.

Tazza

Staff member
Well the problem was the fuel shut off relay. The engine started with one revolution. There are four of these Omron relays in the "panel" and this was the second one to fail. It is an Omron. G8JN-1C7T-R-D12 which is just an automotive relay. I hope the US Navy is not using these cheep Chinese made relays to activate their radars or collision avoidance systems.
Glad you got it all sorted out.
These days, isn't just about everything made in china?