S185 Bobcat Glow Plug Question (Kubota 2.0L)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Clutch

Original Bobcat P/N: 6655233 retails at $40 USD. I have always used the manufacturer Glow Plugs because of the horror stories of swollen or broken off tips. I am looking for personal experience and suggestions on where and what brand Glow Plugs you have successfully used in your Kubota Diesels. Thankyou

OP
OP
C

Clutch

I just removed a GP and it appears original based on the paint matching the block. It is NGK (01X4) Y716RS - IIV. The NGK brand retails at $10/each. What gives?

flyerdan

I just removed a GP and it appears original based on the paint matching the block. It is NGK (01X4) Y716RS - IIV. The NGK brand retails at $10/each. What gives?
I would imagine it would be the same reason that a bobcat numbered seal would be $28, when the same seal with the same NTN number would be $7 at the auto parts store.
Fairly common practice for OEM to relabel the off the shelf stuff that they use.

OP
OP
C

Clutch

I would imagine it would be the same reason that a bobcat numbered seal would be $28, when the same seal with the same NTN number would be $7 at the auto parts store.
Fairly common practice for OEM to relabel the off the shelf stuff that they use.
Yes but I was surprised to see the NGK label still stamped on them. With other equipment and vehicles I typically see Kubota or Bobcat branded.. All four were difficult to remove from carbon build-up on the element. They unscrewed fine but were tight to pull out. But the tips were not deformed or chipped after all this time so NGK is going back in. Thanks!

OP
OP
C

Clutch

Yes but I was surprised to see the NGK label still stamped on them. With other equipment and vehicles I typically see Kubota or Bobcat branded.. All four were difficult to remove from carbon build-up on the element. They unscrewed fine but were tight to pull out. But the tips were not deformed or chipped after all this time so NGK is going back in. Thanks!
Is there a sticky note for Torque Values on the forum? I need the recommended Torque for the Glow Plugs on this S185. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I haven't seen any specs....I just tighten up till i feel it's snug enough, not ideal i know and especially on a glow plug that can shear off failry easily.

flyerdan

I haven't seen any specs....I just tighten up till i feel it's snug enough, not ideal i know and especially on a glow plug that can shear off failry easily.
14.5 - 18.1 ft.lbs according to the book for the turbo model. Should be available through the manual thread.