S130 Hydraulic hose

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pellets4fuel

Hey, My name is David and I sure am thankful for the internet, and for there being a forum for just about everything. And I am glad I found this one! Today I went out to plow snow (and we have more on the way) and made one pass down the drive way and the foot controls for the boom and bucket went dead. Then the warning light came on, on the panel in the cab (beep, beep, beep) and then the machine shut down. I thought maybe it was just a cold oil warning, so I restarted the machine and the same thing happened. So something is wrong. So I check the hydraulic oil and the stick is dry. Odd because I just checked it the other day and it was a little low and I topped it off. So I was close enough to the shop that I was able to restart it and drive it in before it did the shut down mode again. Oil is running out the bottom by this point. I got the cab lifted up to try to track down where the oil is leaking out. It is coming out of the hose that comes out the bottom of the valve bank on the right side fender/frame. This hose makes a big loop (and actually rubs on the bottom of the belly and that's where the hole is) and then comes up and attaches to the side of the pump block area where the oil filter is. Forgive me for not knowing any of the technical names, I have been trying to find a good schematic to go by online. I am assuming this is the main feed/pressure line for the boom and bucket hydraulics. The drive ones are separate. So my question; any advice on changing that hose, and what is the proper name so when I go to the dealer I know which one to get? I can get a wrench on the end by the filter. The other end? I did take the right side wheels off and the cover plate over the drive motor. It looks like if I took the drive motor out I guy could sneak in and get at the other end of that hose. I can't imagine removing stuff from the top. Rigid hydraulic lines, wiring, control arms, etc, etc. Am I on the right track in my thinking? By the way, it is an S130 about a 2003 I think. Any diagrams etc you could point me to would be a big help! Thanks in advance! Hope I make some new friends here. I should be a great forum to come to especially as I have been looking to buy or build at least 3 attachments for my Bobcat (a wood splitter, a brush hog, and a post hole digger). Best regards, David

reaperman

Your best off taking the hose off and bringing it to a hydraulic shop and have them make one the same size. A dealer will more than likely squeeze a few more pennies out of you for the same hose. As far as taking off the old one off, you are most likely going to need some plugs to plug the open ends to keep fluid from leaking out. I know hoses can be a pain to remove being rigid, not to mention the cold weather doesnt make them any less flexible, and also trying to get tools into areas where tools dont fit. Hopefully you can find a diagram if not just trace the hose, sorry I cant be of any more help.