rootball removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcatbrian

I am looking to rent a bobcat mini excavator to remove tree rootballs. They are all standing ash trees. Most are in the 12 to 16 inch range and a couple are about 2 1/2 foot diameter and 20 to 40 feet high. My plan is to dig around the base and cut as many roots as possible and then reach up as high as i can and push it over. Im thinking the once they start to lean over the weight of the tree will do the rest. The question is how well the machine will cut the roots? Im not sure of the size machine, its not the biggest or smallest. It does have a blade on the front if that says anything. Any info would be appreciated.

Coorecat

I have a Bobcat 329 which is a 7 thousand pound machine and it handles 12 to 16 inch trees with not to much of a problem.As for cutting the roots I generally use a 12" or 16" bucket depending on how much digging I have to do around the tree,you'll have to dig around the base to get them down.You can do 2' trees it just might take awhile and watch out when you push it down don't get snagged by the tree it'll be a wild ride.Good luck.

RebeccaTurner

I have a Bobcat 329 which is a 7 thousand pound machine and it handles 12 to 16 inch trees with not to much of a problem.As for cutting the roots I generally use a 12" or 16" bucket depending on how much digging I have to do around the tree,you'll have to dig around the base to get them down.You can do 2' trees it just might take awhile and watch out when you push it down don't get snagged by the tree it'll be a wild ride.Good luck.
*Spam Spam*
Deleted