root bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sterlclan

I just finished making a bucket similar to 500k's I made it shorter as my machine is smaller but over all very nice.

500K_773

How well does it work for you? My father-in-law made his 36" length for his 610, I utilize a 48" length on my 773. Do you have any pictures? Any suggestions for changes? Did you utilize a 70º backplate or just make it vertical?

OP
OP
sterlclan

sterlclan

How well does it work for you? My father-in-law made his 36" length for his 610, I utilize a 48" length on my 773. Do you have any pictures? Any suggestions for changes? Did you utilize a 70º backplate or just make it vertical?
It works very well. I have a 630 that is sorta tired thats why I went 32". As soon as the weather dries up i can post some pics.I made the bottom a little lower than the backing plate I set the backing plate on the bottom one. As for the angle it started out at 70º but i think it is a little greater now because of the compound angle as the sides arent at 90º to the bottom and I welded the teeth on I see no need to remove the teeth Ill buy more for the other bucket i took them off of and stich welding is definetly the way to go

OP
OP
sterlclan

sterlclan

It works very well. I have a 630 that is sorta tired thats why I went 32". As soon as the weather dries up i can post some pics.I made the bottom a little lower than the backing plate I set the backing plate on the bottom one. As for the angle it started out at 70º but i think it is a little greater now because of the compound angle as the sides arent at 90º to the bottom and I welded the teeth on I see no need to remove the teeth Ill buy more for the other bucket i took them off of and stich welding is definetly the way to go
I posted pics in the media section in root bucket 2

500K_773

I posted pics in the media section in root bucket 2
Looks good. I probably could have stitch welded mine also. How much deeper did you make the bottom piece below the mounting plate? I the ground in your area as rocky as the pictures look? The root bucket could be utilized in hard ground also.

OP
OP
sterlclan

sterlclan

Looks good. I probably could have stitch welded mine also. How much deeper did you make the bottom piece below the mounting plate? I the ground in your area as rocky as the pictures look? The root bucket could be utilized in hard ground also.
I just put the bottom plate on the ground and set the back on it so 3/8 or so and yes the ground in my area is mostly rocks the rocks in the picture were dug out of the driveway prior to the 4"- gravel was put in that was the main reason for the bucket the 54" bucket just wont go in very far but the root bucket just slides right in I was loosining with the root and moving with the flat one a little time consuming but cheaper than excavator rental