Replacement tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

And these tracks are a direct replacement?

What about the rubber compounds, I'd sacrifice a harder rubber for longevity over a softer rubber with better traction on ice.
bobcat-ron , i think i would let somebody else run the ball a few times before i would hit the hole

Tazza

Staff member
Is that a sexual innuendo? 'cuz I'm kinda sorta confusticated with that.
WOW Ron lost for words, thats a first :)
The way i read it is let someone else run with the new tracks and see how they go, if they go well go for it! You don't need to be the guinea pig that finds out they only last 100 hours.

bobcat_ron

WOW Ron lost for words, thats a first :)
The way i read it is let someone else run with the new tracks and see how they go, if they go well go for it! You don't need to be the guinea pig that finds out they only last 100 hours.
But if no one wants to be the guinea pig, then that means I have to step up to the plate, and if I don't step up to the plate, then there will be no baseball game, and if there is no base ball game, the whole world will end in zombies and anarchy and eventually over run with monkeys and gorillas that can speak and then they will blow up the statue of Liberty and some hairy dude from another dimension in time riding on a horse with a rather sexy half neked girl will get down on his knees and scream like a sissy girl and humans will be condemned for all eternity just because no one wanted to be the guinea pig.

Wow, my head hurts and I need a bath.

Tazza

Staff member
But if no one wants to be the guinea pig, then that means I have to step up to the plate, and if I don't step up to the plate, then there will be no baseball game, and if there is no base ball game, the whole world will end in zombies and anarchy and eventually over run with monkeys and gorillas that can speak and then they will blow up the statue of Liberty and some hairy dude from another dimension in time riding on a horse with a rather sexy half neked girl will get down on his knees and scream like a sissy girl and humans will be condemned for all eternity just because no one wanted to be the guinea pig.

Wow, my head hurts and I need a bath.
o_O now I'm totally confused! I'm sure there is logic in that... somewhere!
On a serious note, if they offer a good no BS warranty i see no reason why not to give them a go if they are a direct replacement for your OEM tracks. I would ensure i had a statement in writing before buying them first though, from what i have heard around the forum in the past there have been some really bad tracks sold and lasted a fraction of the time that OEM tracks did.

Fishfiles

o_O now I'm totally confused! I'm sure there is logic in that... somewhere!
On a serious note, if they offer a good no BS warranty i see no reason why not to give them a go if they are a direct replacement for your OEM tracks. I would ensure i had a statement in writing before buying them first though, from what i have heard around the forum in the past there have been some really bad tracks sold and lasted a fraction of the time that OEM tracks did.
Dang Ron , you got a dirty mind , I was thinking football and bustin' a hole in the line that is trying to hold you back from , I got to agree nothing ventured , nothing gained , ----my biggest concern would be how well the drive lugs that contact the squirrel cage will hold up and how well they will hold up from streching out , the cat doesn't have a lot of track adjustment to play with and it seems to me running them loose is what destroys them -------go for it and let us know

bobcat_ron

Dang Ron , you got a dirty mind , I was thinking football and bustin' a hole in the line that is trying to hold you back from , I got to agree nothing ventured , nothing gained , ----my biggest concern would be how well the drive lugs that contact the squirrel cage will hold up and how well they will hold up from streching out , the cat doesn't have a lot of track adjustment to play with and it seems to me running them loose is what destroys them -------go for it and let us know
I'm still holding out for DRB's from Bair, if I had enough "spendable" money, I would buy a pair and put them on for 100 hours and see how they do.

Digdeep

I am proud to report that we have the aftermarket ASV tracks in stock and ready to ship. CAT 257,267,287.... RC30 tracks will be available soon. As to report on Fishfiles comment on our parts, we did have a bad run of parts in the past, but feel like we made ammends to all customers who had these problems. We currently have had no problems with our new parts.
Doesn't ASV have a patent on their tracks? Will the warranty on these aftermarket ASV tracks have the same 2000hour 2yr warranty? I just passed 2000hours this summer on my RC50 tracks (gonna need replacements before winter) and if these aftermarket tracks are anything like my Bobcat customers used to buy for their tracked machines in place of the Bridgestones they won't get much track life out of them. I guess you get what you pay for.

bobcat_ron

Doesn't ASV have a patent on their tracks? Will the warranty on these aftermarket ASV tracks have the same 2000hour 2yr warranty? I just passed 2000hours this summer on my RC50 tracks (gonna need replacements before winter) and if these aftermarket tracks are anything like my Bobcat customers used to buy for their tracked machines in place of the Bridgestones they won't get much track life out of them. I guess you get what you pay for.
ASV only has a patent on their undercarriage design and rubber types, not the actual tread pattern, there's even some people on HEF that are convinced that the tread pattern is what gives them traction in snow and ice. NOT!

ram12v

I have a set of solideals on my T200 that have about 110 hours on them. They are holding up real well so far, with the only failure I am seeing is the rubber slightly stress cracking around the webbing on the inside center of the tracks where the rollers run on them. These tracks do not get the traction that the C pattern tracks on my 864 does, as they seem to spin out a little earlier when pushing a load, however the ride is a lot smoother with the solideals.

Rubbertrax2

I have a set of solideals on my T200 that have about 110 hours on them. They are holding up real well so far, with the only failure I am seeing is the rubber slightly stress cracking around the webbing on the inside center of the tracks where the rollers run on them. These tracks do not get the traction that the C pattern tracks on my 864 does, as they seem to spin out a little earlier when pushing a load, however the ride is a lot smoother with the solideals.
The tracks we sell are the DRB tracks. They have a different tread design but are a superior quality track. If you are interested, please give us a call. (678)750-0227

Digdeep

The tracks we sell are the DRB tracks. They have a different tread design but are a superior quality track. If you are interested, please give us a call. (678)750-0227
My buddy bought a set for his RC60 and he couldn't even fit them on. The second set was better but they were very very tight and he could barely collapse the tensioner enough to get them on and I think he will wear out his wheels and sproket faster. DRB is a South Korean company but the tracks are made in China.

rock

My buddy bought a set for his RC60 and he couldn't even fit them on. The second set was better but they were very very tight and he could barely collapse the tensioner enough to get them on and I think he will wear out his wheels and sproket faster. DRB is a South Korean company but the tracks are made in China.
When talking about aftermarket excavator and track loader track, I have been using McLaren for many years now and I've been very pleased with their track quality and customer care. Yes, they are more expensive than some other guys (like the no brand Chinese or Korean made tracks), but this extra money we spend on them is well worth it and it's a good insurance for trouble-free business. I think McLaren track quality is not less than Bridgestone and with their new track loader multi-lug track style, even better. And, since my Bobcat dealer recently started to carry Bobcat branded tracks made by McLaren, I'm even more certain their good quality and affordable price will remain for many more years to come.
emotion-1.gif

t200[1].jpg

Fishfiles

When talking about aftermarket excavator and track loader track, I have been using McLaren for many years now and I've been very pleased with their track quality and customer care. Yes, they are more expensive than some other guys (like the no brand Chinese or Korean made tracks), but this extra money we spend on them is well worth it and it's a good insurance for trouble-free business. I think McLaren track quality is not less than Bridgestone and with their new track loader multi-lug track style, even better. And, since my Bobcat dealer recently started to carry Bobcat branded tracks made by McLaren, I'm even more certain their good quality and affordable price will remain for many more years to come.
Rock , say it isn't true ! ------------ I was under the impression that all tracks were made in China , Japan , or Korea except for Bridgestone , who makes the McLarens for McLaren now , I am confused ------I have had no interaction with McLaren ever don't here in the south yet , so I can't say any thing on how they would last , I do have a book I just got from the dealer and there are 4 styles to pick from in tracks now , but never payed any attention to would was making them

rock

Rock , say it isn't true ! ------------ I was under the impression that all tracks were made in China , Japan , or Korea except for Bridgestone , who makes the McLarens for McLaren now , I am confused ------I have had no interaction with McLaren ever don't here in the south yet , so I can't say any thing on how they would last , I do have a book I just got from the dealer and there are 4 styles to pick from in tracks now , but never payed any attention to would was making them
Good question -- well, last I asked about it, the answer was that McLaren designs all their tracks in the USA and then makes them in their own factory in Thailand. I think they are holding some US patents, too. I believe Thailand is currently the largest producer of natural rubber in the world if my geography knowledge is still up-to-date, so I'm not surprised. The tracks I got later from them were indeed stamped as made there.
t200[1].jpg

Rubbertrax2

Good question -- well, last I asked about it, the answer was that McLaren designs all their tracks in the USA and then makes them in their own factory in Thailand. I think they are holding some US patents, too. I believe Thailand is currently the largest producer of natural rubber in the world if my geography knowledge is still up-to-date, so I'm not surprised. The tracks I got later from them were indeed stamped as made there.
Most of the natural rubber in the world comes out of Indonesia and Sri Lanka. Korean tracks are far superior to the Chinese product. We sell both so we know. We have had nothing but praise with the DRB tracks. Customers love the tread design more so than even the OEM tread. Please give us a call if you have any questions.

KrTraxx

There will be a great quality replacement track coming for the Cat 247/257 ASV RC50/60 series.. It will be much lower cost than OEM and very close to the same track pattern..I have used them myself in a test situation since last fall and am very impressed.I will comment when I am told I can do so..For now there is some discussion going on concerning marketing these..

Digdeep

There will be a great quality replacement track coming for the Cat 247/257 ASV RC50/60 series.. It will be much lower cost than OEM and very close to the same track pattern..I have used them myself in a test situation since last fall and am very impressed.I will comment when I am told I can do so..For now there is some discussion going on concerning marketing these..
Hopefully they're not DRB or Tearyuk (spelling). Goodluck if they are. Seen both of them tried and saw both of them fall flat on their face. Too tight, lugs pop, cables break in very low hours etc. Let us know who the OEM is as soon as you can. Thanks.

Rubbertrax2

Hopefully they're not DRB or Tearyuk (spelling). Goodluck if they are. Seen both of them tried and saw both of them fall flat on their face. Too tight, lugs pop, cables break in very low hours etc. Let us know who the OEM is as soon as you can. Thanks.
Digdeep, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with these tracks. Unfortunately the Taeryuk tracks you speak of actually come with the BEST warranty available in the rubber track market. They are, BY FAR, THE BEST aftermarket tracks available. They are more expensive but are touted to be as good as if not better than OEM. This is based on customers testimonials. As far as the DRB tracks, everyone I have sold these to have been completely satisfied and will only buy these from now on. The tread pattern is more aggressive and thats what customers like so much. There is an aftermarket version out there that looks similar to the OEM tracks. They are cheaper but the quality is still lacking. I know all about having these tracks tested in the US. They had to go back to the drawing board on a couple of sizes. We'll see down the road if they can hold up.

redline73

Digdeep, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with these tracks. Unfortunately the Taeryuk tracks you speak of actually come with the BEST warranty available in the rubber track market. They are, BY FAR, THE BEST aftermarket tracks available. They are more expensive but are touted to be as good as if not better than OEM. This is based on customers testimonials. As far as the DRB tracks, everyone I have sold these to have been completely satisfied and will only buy these from now on. The tread pattern is more aggressive and thats what customers like so much. There is an aftermarket version out there that looks similar to the OEM tracks. They are cheaper but the quality is still lacking. I know all about having these tracks tested in the US. They had to go back to the drawing board on a couple of sizes. We'll see down the road if they can hold up.
do you carry replacement tracks for my ASV RC-100 mine are on their last leg