Reman or rebuild my own engine on my 873

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Pigfarmer

Would a reman or rebuild a bf4m1011 deutz myself be better? And where would a good place to get a reman or parts and what should I expect to pay for either way?

Hotrod1830

If you have time and are capable, I say rebuild it yourself. You never know. You may get it apart and find its a much cheaper fix than a reman. I strongly recommend an oil pressure and compression check before the teardown. It will help when your looking for worn items. Also keep in mind that everything in the engine doesnt neccessarily need to be replaced. If the wear is within tolerance, reuse it. I take it your source for your engine smoke was internal engine related?

OP
OP
P

Pigfarmer

If you have time and are capable, I say rebuild it yourself. You never know. You may get it apart and find its a much cheaper fix than a reman. I strongly recommend an oil pressure and compression check before the teardown. It will help when your looking for worn items. Also keep in mind that everything in the engine doesnt neccessarily need to be replaced. If the wear is within tolerance, reuse it. I take it your source for your engine smoke was internal engine related?
Ya my friend and concluded it is dusted.

Tazza

Staff member
I meant to say my friend and I
Being dusted, if only the cylinder walls, pistons and rings are toast, you may get away without replacing the rod bearings etc, if they are within spec that is. Sadly parts aren't cheap....

OP
OP
P

Pigfarmer

Being dusted, if only the cylinder walls, pistons and rings are toast, you may get away without replacing the rod bearings etc, if they are within spec that is. Sadly parts aren't cheap....
We are going to tear into this weekend I will keep you posted on what we find.