reconnecting reverve beeper

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jazmorexcavation

Hi all this is my first post i have a s130 with a little over 4000 hours im in australia and starting a earthmoving buisness i have a dilemma someone may be able to help me with and that is that my reverse beeper does not work and i need it to for regulations i have hooked power to the beeper and it is not faulty i lifted the cab and where the two control arm struts are in beetween that is what looks to be the reverse module it has two gold plates and two what look like connection plates but the gold plates dont touch is this whats stopping it could anyone help or put up a pic of there 130 so i can see what i need to do i have a job on monday and it needs to be fixed many thanks in advance

Tazza

Staff member
You should see two micro switches that those gold looking plates touch when you move the sticks backwards. Does yours still have the switches attached?

OP
OP
J

jazmorexcavation

You should see two micro switches that those gold looking plates touch when you move the sticks backwards. Does yours still have the switches attached?
it has the gold plates and the micro switches but the gold plates dont touch the switches it looks like part of the switch could have been broken off does anyone have a pic of there switch

OP
OP
J

jazmorexcavation

it has the gold plates and the micro switches but the gold plates dont touch the switches it looks like part of the switch could have been broken off does anyone have a pic of there switch
ok so i just went and pushed a little black thing and when i push both of them the beeper works so it seems part of the switch has been broken off to deactivate the beeper

skidsteer.ca

Look here, see if yours have the rollers still attached:
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=5776
It is common for the switches to get damaged. The problem is the the steering lever bushing get worn and loose over time and allow the stiker plates fasten to the steering lever linkage to hit or catch on the switches improperly breaking the lever and rollers off.
I'd suggest you start the fix by taking the play out of the steering levers, or you will just ruin your new switches.
Ken

OP
OP
J

jazmorexcavation

It is common for the switches to get damaged. The problem is the the steering lever bushing get worn and loose over time and allow the stiker plates fasten to the steering lever linkage to hit or catch on the switches improperly breaking the lever and rollers off.
I'd suggest you start the fix by taking the play out of the steering levers, or you will just ruin your new switches.
Ken
i went abd bought 2 new micro switches and now the beeper works, but there is a little slop in the levers, so ill look into that, why im at it, the right hand lever falls forward a little if i let go of it causing the machine to start steering to the left what would be causing this

skidsteer.ca

i went abd bought 2 new micro switches and now the beeper works, but there is a little slop in the levers, so ill look into that, why im at it, the right hand lever falls forward a little if i let go of it causing the machine to start steering to the left what would be causing this
It needs the steering adjusted. Down load the manual or search steering adjustment. Common problem.
Ken