Rear door latch question.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Vintagecarlover

Hi guys, is there an adjustment for rear door closure latch? 863 turbo can't get door to latch. Nothing looks broken, worn, or bent but quit latching. Machine is new to me 2000 hrs. New latch is cheap but if mine is out of sinc I'd like to attempt to adjust if that's possible. Any help is welcome and appreciated. Have a great weekend all.

brdgbldr

There are a couple of different door latch systems for the 863 model.

All models have a spring. Make sure the spring is in good condition and also check that all the bolts are tight.

You may be able to adjust the striker assembly by just loosening the bolts And adjusting.

One of the latches has a bushing on the striker. This bushing can wear out and fall off. This will cause the door to not latch.

Go to the parts catalog and look at the latch system specifically for your serial number.

reaperman

Hi guys, is there an adjustment for rear door closure latch? 863 turbo can't get door to latch. Nothing looks broken, worn, or bent but quit latching. Machine is new to me 2000 hrs. New latch is cheap but if mine is out of sinc I'd like to attempt to adjust if that's possible. Any help is welcome and appreciated. Have a great weekend all.
Are you sure your door isn't sagging a bit? I'd be surprised if it wasn't, most sag over time. The hinge pins are easily replaced and sometimes help if a door is sagging and won't line up.

763GKid

Are you sure your door isn't sagging a bit? I'd be surprised if it wasn't, most sag over time. The hinge pins are easily replaced and sometimes help if a door is sagging and won't line up.
Dont forget to adjust the rubber door stops as well, they could also be contributing to your issues.