rear aux

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

On the 743 and 743b and others are the factory capped of lines on the back worked off aux hydro?

wbecker319

i believe they sell a kit to use the left stick
According to my 743B parts book, there is a Kit PN 6702965. It has an electrically operated hydraulic valve, controlled by a button on top of the right stick. The Forward aux hydraulic lines connect to the valve as well as the rear aux hydraulic lines. When you hold the button on top of the right stick the valve ports hydraulic pressure to the lines connected to the rear aux hydraulics when you move the right stick left/right. When you do not hold the button on the right stick the left/right movement of the right stick controls the forward aux hydraulics. Bill

OP
OP
A

antfarmer2

According to my 743B parts book, there is a Kit PN 6702965. It has an electrically operated hydraulic valve, controlled by a button on top of the right stick. The Forward aux hydraulic lines connect to the valve as well as the rear aux hydraulic lines. When you hold the button on top of the right stick the valve ports hydraulic pressure to the lines connected to the rear aux hydraulics when you move the right stick left/right. When you do not hold the button on the right stick the left/right movement of the right stick controls the forward aux hydraulics. Bill
Will it still work if the po removed and capped off the original steel lines behind the engine for the front aux hydros

lfutrell

The 743 I had also had the capped off lines in the engine compartment, If you trace the lines back to the control valve you will find there is a spool there that is not hooked to any linkage, You have to buy the linkage kit for this spool and it's intended use was for rear stabilizers when using a back hoe attachment

OP
OP
A

antfarmer2

The 743 I had also had the capped off lines in the engine compartment, If you trace the lines back to the control valve you will find there is a spool there that is not hooked to any linkage, You have to buy the linkage kit for this spool and it's intended use was for rear stabilizers when using a back hoe attachment
Thank you Ifutrell that makes sense to me now

dfjohn

I also have the rear aux. capped in the engine compartment. According to my book it says it is operated by the left drive stick, similar to the right stick for the front aux. Hydraulics. my questions is why have a spool and all the piping and no means to operate it.

laurencen

on my 743 the left stick had a heavy push/pull cable attached, this cable went to the valve block, check your valves right side trace the right lever linkage, saw 3 other machines all had the 3 valve block but no cable.

the lines capped in the engine compartment were once used for rear stabilizers, this was prior to me purchasing, now they are used to power a hydraulic chainsaw and log splitter

dfjohn

I do have a 4 spool control block, and I do not see any cable for control, Im sure one can be added. interested in your chainsaw/log splitter. I would be interested in some pictures and performance of the log splitter. thank you . Don

laurencen

log splitter is your normal hydraulic splitter, it was powered by a 5 horse motor long gone, I have hoses with quick connects on the rear lines, the chainsaw is a older Fairmont, now Greenlee used on my bucket truck, as for performance saw is fine splitter runs a bit slower but gets the job done, guess I could increase bobcat rpm but in no hurry

if you look at the left lever there is a bolt preventing the lever moving left/right next time I lift the cab will take a few pictures of the linkage and cable