RC50 loading big fire video

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sar4937

It's a wonder we haven't set fire to all our forests! These numbskulls could have at least clearcut alittle around the fire. I wonder how they would have put out the fire if it got away from them.

OP
OP
PropWash

PropWash

It's a wonder we haven't set fire to all our forests! These numbskulls could have at least clearcut alittle around the fire. I wonder how they would have put out the fire if it got away from them.
AAh. This is why I love internet forums.
That video was me.
While I wont go into what safety equipment and fire suppression resources were on site, I assure you, there was little chance of buring the forest down.
As for me getting too close to the fire, well the camera makes it look a bit more 'extreme' than reality.
I'm hardly a numbskull, but thanks for your opinion!

sar4937

AAh. This is why I love internet forums.
That video was me.
While I wont go into what safety equipment and fire suppression resources were on site, I assure you, there was little chance of buring the forest down.
As for me getting too close to the fire, well the camera makes it look a bit more 'extreme' than reality.
I'm hardly a numbskull, but thanks for your opinion!
Actually where I'm from is not even forested, but my burn permit would have required me to pay for a volunteer fire dept. truck to sit onsite for the burn and bare-earth at least 50 ft all the way around. I've personally seen the wind come up quick on a fire like that and make it really take off. It sounds like in the next thread that you blew a hydraulic hose, so your loader would have been useless if you would have had to contain the fire. Have you ever tried to put a fire that size out with extinguishers?