ran an 1845c out of fuel now won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bluffcam

Need a little more help getting this machine going. The machine ran out of fuel and checked the book and bled the fitting near dual filters and one on the injection pump. no go
changed fuel filters and filled filter with fuel bled again no go
tried some starter fluid and would run for a short time.
It looks like the fuel selonoid may not be working as there is very little fuel when injectors are cracked. checked selonoid with a volt meter and when key is turned and there is power to wire.
should one hear a distinct click when key is turned on?
any other tips to get this running again? getting to that selonoid under the pump looks like you'd have to be a gymnast!
thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Do you get an air free flow when you have the bleed screw open on the injector pump? If you are only getting a small amount of fuel out of the high pressure lines it sounds like your fuel shut solenoid is working as when its not, you get no fuel. You should hear a click when the key is turned on... I guess you can use a test light to confirm you are getting power.
If it simply ran out of fuel, the fuel shut off shouldn't have any problems, i would think its just a priming problem.... Does it want to start at all? like crank and it starts then just dies? Ensure the bleed screws are closed as i know Kubotas are really bad with this. If you forget to close it, the engine will start then just die. You will pull your hair out trying to work it out, close valve and its good to go.

OP
OP
B

bluffcam

Do you get an air free flow when you have the bleed screw open on the injector pump? If you are only getting a small amount of fuel out of the high pressure lines it sounds like your fuel shut solenoid is working as when its not, you get no fuel. You should hear a click when the key is turned on... I guess you can use a test light to confirm you are getting power.
If it simply ran out of fuel, the fuel shut off shouldn't have any problems, i would think its just a priming problem.... Does it want to start at all? like crank and it starts then just dies? Ensure the bleed screws are closed as i know Kubotas are really bad with this. If you forget to close it, the engine will start then just die. You will pull your hair out trying to work it out, close valve and its good to go.
the test light does show power to selonoid with a test light when key turned to on. when my buddy turns the key to on I don't hear anything back at the pump. Its a bear to get to the selonoid so I'm trying to be pretty sure before i try to get the selonoid out to check it, there is a little fuel at the injectors but not as much as i've seen on some other diesels i've bled. It did start earlier for about a minute and then shutdown and hasn't run since. May try calling an injection pump rebuild business and ask them about it. thanks