Quick couplers 4 in one pressure buildup

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

NITRO

This 4 in one bucket hydraulic couplers are a pain in the backside to re connect to the skidsteer after changing attachments. Grabbing spanners to release pressure in bucket grab is getting old fast! Whats the trick? Teied hammer and punch but you need 3 hands and a mighty heavy blow which may damage the fitting. Is there some sort of gizmo invented that can be installed into the bucket hydraulic lines to release the pressure? Or perhaps some type of pliars like tool that grabs the quick coupler fitting and squeezes the inner valve ? Been parking bucket flat, i am pretty sure the temperature difference and expansion is causing the troubles. Tried connecting both ends of 4 in one directly after unhooking but that then requires a hammer to un connect them. Hmmmm ?

jerry

There was a device featured in a farm magazine couple years ago, I don't know if it ever made it into production. It was basically a c clamp with a notched base welded on that slipped over the fitting and the screw was then used to depress the valve. I'll look for it because right now I need it also.

TriHonu

There was a device featured in a farm magazine couple years ago, I don't know if it ever made it into production. It was basically a c clamp with a notched base welded on that slipped over the fitting and the screw was then used to depress the valve. I'll look for it because right now I need it also.
&nbsp
I have had the same issue with my 4in1. You have a few options:
1. Add a T-fitting and a small needle valve. You can open the valve and release the pressure before you try to connect. Some Bradco backhoe attachments came with a valve built in to do this. With the hoe stored sitting on the stabilizers for a while, pressure will build in the hydraulics.
2. Try a set of Parker IF Series flat face couplers (See page 14). These are flat face couplers you can connect under pressure (up to 2900 psi residual).
3. I have 90 degree fittings going into the couplers on my 4in1. This allows me to use a lever against the 90 degree elbow to get the first fitting latched.