Question for Tazza

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cumminsguy

Just wondering if you could tell me what to look for on this, 743b good running machine but my lift arms will bleed down when the machine sits idle, even when running, everything else works well but I loose pressure and dont have any signs of oil leaks. The arms lift fine with plenty of strength what part of my vickers pump should i be looking into? Thanks,Tom

Bobcatdan

Well I'm no Tazza, but I would check the lift cylinders first. The cylinders are plumbed together so one leaking will cause both the settle. The second possiblty is there is a port relief vavle for the lift ciruit on the control valve that can cause a settling issuse.

OP
OP
cumminsguy

cumminsguy

Well I'm no Tazza, but I would check the lift cylinders first. The cylinders are plumbed together so one leaking will cause both the settle. The second possiblty is there is a port relief vavle for the lift ciruit on the control valve that can cause a settling issuse.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

[email protected]

Sorry for the late reply.
I'm with Dan on that one too, when the piston seals wear, the arms will lower just like you describe.
how fast do they settle? my machine if i leave them up they settle but very slowly. i used a brand new s130 a month ago and it did pretty much the same thing.

OP
OP
cumminsguy

cumminsguy

how fast do they settle? my machine if i leave them up they settle but very slowly. i used a brand new s130 a month ago and it did pretty much the same thing.
They don't settle real fast, if the machine is running and bucket is raised up in the air I would say maybe up to 4" in 10 to 15 minutes. Doesn't really effect the operation of the job being performed, just didn't know if it was normal for this to happen. Last yr I rebuilt the lift arm cylinders and the tilt cylinder, nothing is leaking.

OP
OP
cumminsguy

cumminsguy

They don't settle real fast, if the machine is running and bucket is raised up in the air I would say maybe up to 4" in 10 to 15 minutes. Doesn't really effect the operation of the job being performed, just didn't know if it was normal for this to happen. Last yr I rebuilt the lift arm cylinders and the tilt cylinder, nothing is leaking.
Soon I would like to pull the pump off the machine to inspect and re-seal the chain case, I have water leaking down from the cover into the case so I figured while I'am at it If I knew what may be causing the arms to slowly settle then I would address that too.

Tazza

Staff member
Soon I would like to pull the pump off the machine to inspect and re-seal the chain case, I have water leaking down from the cover into the case so I figured while I'am at it If I knew what may be causing the arms to slowly settle then I would address that too.
That much drop isn't too bad actually. I don't know the number, but a member mentioned years back that there was an accepted amount of fall per hour without the bucket on, it was a few inches per hour.
I had a machine that you could lift the arms up and watch the rods sliding into the cylinder it moved so fast. It needed new load check seals.

OP
OP
cumminsguy

cumminsguy

That much drop isn't too bad actually. I don't know the number, but a member mentioned years back that there was an accepted amount of fall per hour without the bucket on, it was a few inches per hour.
I had a machine that you could lift the arms up and watch the rods sliding into the cylinder it moved so fast. It needed new load check seals.
Thanks Tazza, I won't worry about it at this point.