Newbie injection pump question S150

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dsaw

I realized I accidentally posted this 1st in the wrong forum, so I'll try again. I got my 1st skid steer, an Army surplus 2010 Bobcat S150. Only 1364 hrs, but guessing it's been mainly sitting since filters were last changed in 2017. 1st problem was the parking brake was frozen and it would die if I tried to drive forward. Got that broken free driving backwards and cycling it several times. Then it died right after I got the brake free, acted like it ran out of fuel. Fairly certain it had water in the fuel. I hooked a pump to the hose from the tank and pumped it out. Definitely had some water in it. Installed new filter separator and added fresh diesel. After much bleeding and cranking, it's back to running. One question I can't find an answer for in the manual, forum archives, or general google: What goes in the injection pump under the rubber ~1" cap? It looks like it had oil in it, it appears like it's coated in oil; but it's basically empty. From searching Google, some injection pumps have oil added directly to them, some are fed by the engine's lube system, and others are lubed by the diesel. I'm surprised it's not covered in the manual since there's an obvious cap like it's supposed to be monitored. It has a Kubota V2203-M-DI-EU2 engine. The final problem I still need to address is the idler pulley for the cooling fan is flopping, I haven't really spent the time to figure out how to reach that yet.

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 17