PT 100 hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jeff3624

I just purchased a PT-100 and I love the machine for the forestry applications. I do have one complaint, when using the low flow is there an adjustment on the speed of it. I have used Cat and Gehl where the low flow has a porportional valve and you can control how fast and slow your attachement may work. On my PT 100 the grapples open and close so hard and fast its rediculous. Is there an adjustment or an after market control valve. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue.

skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
J

Jeff3624

You may need to put a flow control needle valve or a restricting orrifice in the grapples plumbing. Generally@ a 1/16" dia orrifice is good, but a 1/4 fow control for $25 will allow you to adjust the speed just right.
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-5302-25&catname=hydraulic
Several types available
https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?catname=hydraulic&keyword=HAFC
Bobcat supposedly has proportional flow control, but it don't work all that great, no idea on your asv.
Ken
The flow control vavle is where i am leaning to. I really dont want to put a flow restrictor on my attachements and worry about heating up the fluid. I was just wondeirng if i am missing an adjustment on the ASV. Thougth maybe someone woudl of thought of that and the factory would have one installed. Thanks

skidsteer.ca

The flow control vavle is where i am leaning to. I really dont want to put a flow restrictor on my attachements and worry about heating up the fluid. I was just wondeirng if i am missing an adjustment on the ASV. Thougth maybe someone woudl of thought of that and the factory would have one installed. Thanks
for intermittant use its fine, you would not want to throttle flow on something that uses continuos flow. I aggree better to just not pump so much oil down the line in the first place then to force the extra over the releif valve
Ken