project 751 re-build

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza yes I'll get on that.
But you want a ceramic insert. Mine used the tiny ones and they are available for about $1 each. You would be best off to buy a nozzle or make yous to fit a common ceramic tip, it has to have something that can be changed out easily when the bore wears oversized.
Here is a link to it
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=34202
I'll get those pics
Ken
Thats a good idea... I'll look into it i think, see if i can get them locally as freight on a few nozzles from the USA to here will be a little spendy. I do have a bit to do before i'm ready for the nozzles though, i still haven't got the tank. My dad will hopefully pick it up this week, i then need to get the gas out so i can cut some holes into it and weld.
Thanks for the piccies Ken, i saw them just as i was going to work, i'll reply to the e-mail tonight!
Did you find it cut through rust and paint quickly with such a small nozzle? I really don't want to be there for days hanging off the hand piece cleaning up the chain case.

skidsteer.ca

Thats a good idea... I'll look into it i think, see if i can get them locally as freight on a few nozzles from the USA to here will be a little spendy. I do have a bit to do before i'm ready for the nozzles though, i still haven't got the tank. My dad will hopefully pick it up this week, i then need to get the gas out so i can cut some holes into it and weld.
Thanks for the piccies Ken, i saw them just as i was going to work, i'll reply to the e-mail tonight!
Did you find it cut through rust and paint quickly with such a small nozzle? I really don't want to be there for days hanging off the hand piece cleaning up the chain case.
You won't find a bobcat to bad. We spent about a 8 hour day on the 853 and did a pretty extensive job Complete cab in and out , all the rusty spots, wheels, As I said rust is worse then paint, wire wheel what you can, then blast. If the paint is stuck good just blast the edges and sand the rest with the dual action sander. Wire wheel if you want it all off. There are a few different diameters available in the ceramics I have, I buys the 3 mm because they get bigger pretty fast. I use 4 or 5 a day. I believe smaller is better if it keeps your pressure above 100.
Ken

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
You won't find a bobcat to bad. We spent about a 8 hour day on the 853 and did a pretty extensive job Complete cab in and out , all the rusty spots, wheels, As I said rust is worse then paint, wire wheel what you can, then blast. If the paint is stuck good just blast the edges and sand the rest with the dual action sander. Wire wheel if you want it all off. There are a few different diameters available in the ceramics I have, I buys the 3 mm because they get bigger pretty fast. I use 4 or 5 a day. I believe smaller is better if it keeps your pressure above 100.
Ken
Good point.
Well, when i get the tank done, i can work all that out. All are good points. I can only experiment with different things and see what works best. I don't have much thick rust, but there is a patch where it was burnt that has a fair amount of surface rust, that will get eaten up pretty fast.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
hello.. could you update pics on this post . thank you
Sadly the site that hosted the pictures has closed down, so they are not online anymore.
What details are you after? this machine was re-built and sold quite a few years ago now, i got to visit it a few times over the years at it's new home for small things like blown hoses and services.

t_jones98

Sadly the site that hosted the pictures has closed down, so they are not online anymore.
What details are you after? this machine was re-built and sold quite a few years ago now, i got to visit it a few times over the years at it's new home for small things like blown hoses and services.
Hey Tazza, yeah, I too was disappointed to see missing pics.. (that may be a double-negative right there) haha But anyway, just picked up a 1998 751 that wont fire. Going thru the service recs they gave me.. this thing has two new inj pumps since 2007 including the whole inj system in 2015; along with the head and such (not sure why that was done). It's now been sitting for a few years again. Trying to figure out where to start, here's my thought, but if you have anything to add, that would be awesome: - pull the tank and flush - replace all fuel and pickup lines - remove and clean all rail and hard lines - remove and clean/flush the injectors - remove and clean/flush the injector pump (not sure how to do that one yet) - check all hydro fluids, fill or drain as needed - then start in on the electrical Thanks a ton if you get this, Todd.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Tazza, yeah, I too was disappointed to see missing pics.. (that may be a double-negative right there) haha But anyway, just picked up a 1998 751 that wont fire. Going thru the service recs they gave me.. this thing has two new inj pumps since 2007 including the whole inj system in 2015; along with the head and such (not sure why that was done). It's now been sitting for a few years again. Trying to figure out where to start, here's my thought, but if you have anything to add, that would be awesome: - pull the tank and flush - replace all fuel and pickup lines - remove and clean all rail and hard lines - remove and clean/flush the injectors - remove and clean/flush the injector pump (not sure how to do that one yet) - check all hydro fluids, fill or drain as needed - then start in on the electrical Thanks a ton if you get this, Todd.
I assume you have the pug motor in it?
The only reason it would had had new fuel sustem parts is due to contamination, feed it some new filters at the minimum.
Injectors are easy to flush, pumps are not so simple, they are a job for experts.
You say it won't fire, it's not as simple as the fuel shut solenoid? there is a solenoid on the side of the rotary fuel pump (if a pug motor).
Feel free to look up my profile and email me for faster replies i don't get on the forum as much as i used to.