Prices

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rts

I am looking for either a S220 or an S205. What are the prices you have been quoted on either? Also, is there a big difrence in the performance? Thanks!

Tigerotor77W

I'm pretty certain you will notice a difference in performance. The S220 is heavier than is the S205, has more horsepower, and is overall a bigger machine. The prices would probably be within a few thousand of each other; the S205 probably around $30,000 and the S220 around $33,000 or $35,000. What applications will you be using it in? That will help decide which machine is more adequate for your needs.

OP
OP
R

rts

I'm pretty certain you will notice a difference in performance. The S220 is heavier than is the S205, has more horsepower, and is overall a bigger machine. The prices would probably be within a few thousand of each other; the S205 probably around $30,000 and the S220 around $33,000 or $35,000. What applications will you be using it in? That will help decide which machine is more adequate for your needs.
I will be doing mostly grade work, some construction clean-up. Will probably run an auger, trencher, and backhoe attachment from time to time. I was also looking at the 220 because it has the joystick control available. Is this an option that people like? Is the bigger/heavier machine a plus or minus for my application? What about the longer wheel base? Does it make a real difference?

Tigerotor77W

I will be doing mostly grade work, some construction clean-up. Will probably run an auger, trencher, and backhoe attachment from time to time. I was also looking at the 220 because it has the joystick control available. Is this an option that people like? Is the bigger/heavier machine a plus or minus for my application? What about the longer wheel base? Does it make a real difference?
Wheelbase will CERTAINLY make a difference. The wheelbase on the S220 is over eight inches longer than that on the S205. If you have the money AND the space (as in, you don't need a compact loader as much as you do a brute), I would go for the S220. It's a larger machine and will be able to get more done. Now... if you don't need all that much power or size in a machine, go for the S205. I doubt you'll be displeased. Joystick controls -- haven't tried them, but I'd expect they'd be nice. In my opinion, after operating a Cat and a Case, the Case is more FUN to drive (you really feel the power in that machine), but the Cat is far easier to drive. For you, looking at Bobcats, this means the joystick will be easy to operate and learn; the standard hand controls or foot controls may be more fun and give you more feedback on the machine itself.

italiano67

I just bought a 2005 S205 with cab and heat, hand and foot controls, suspension seat, Bobtach, strobe ,engine heater, self leveling bucket, and a 68 inch bucket. I paid 26,000. I love the machine. It has way more power than my S185 and is so much smoother to run. Love the big tires too.

Latest posts