Pressurise Cabs

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

How does Bobcat pressurize the Cabs on the new machines? Is it something that can be retrofitted to a mid 2000 loader? Is there a fan or pump involved?

bbobcat475

they completely seal the floor area and have a higher cfm blower motor. the floors are now all poly/plastic and have either foam or rubber seals at all joint. Real boots on hand and foot linkages. they even switched around the heater core and evaporator so they have a functional defrost in the winter. It would be alot of work to seal up all the nooks and crannies in the older ones unless you fabbed all new panels.

OP
OP
S
they completely seal the floor area and have a higher cfm blower motor. the floors are now all poly/plastic and have either foam or rubber seals at all joint. Real boots on hand and foot linkages. they even switched around the heater core and evaporator so they have a functional defrost in the winter. It would be alot of work to seal up all the nooks and crannies in the older ones unless you fabbed all new panels.
I think the pressurized cabs are a great idea. The less dust we breath the better. I may see if I can simply improve the current setup that I have. Any gains that reduce the amount of dust in the cab can have definite health benefits for some of us.

Bandit1047

I think the pressurized cabs are a great idea. The less dust we breath the better. I may see if I can simply improve the current setup that I have. Any gains that reduce the amount of dust in the cab can have definite health benefits for some of us.
If you are running air conditioning, you may need to get a larger volume fan, however this may knock down the efficiency of the cooling coil. If you are just going for clean air in the cab than get a rooftop fan unit that has high volume but lowe pressure with a very good filter unit. Seal up the cab as best you can. If you put clean air into the cab, it doesn't matter that some leaks out, after all, if you put air in, it needs to go out anyway.
Let us know how it works out.

skidsteer.ca

If you are running air conditioning, you may need to get a larger volume fan, however this may knock down the efficiency of the cooling coil. If you are just going for clean air in the cab than get a rooftop fan unit that has high volume but lowe pressure with a very good filter unit. Seal up the cab as best you can. If you put clean air into the cab, it doesn't matter that some leaks out, after all, if you put air in, it needs to go out anyway.
Let us know how it works out.
I thought all the G series 2000 and up had pressurized cabs?
The factory fan draws some outside fresh air in through a filter in the back of the cab and also recycles some cab are through a filter by the rear window.
You should be able to install the enclosure kit on any G series loader but putting factory style AC on it is not practical "in the field"
Skidsteer.ca

siduramaxde

I thought all the G series 2000 and up had pressurized cabs?
The factory fan draws some outside fresh air in through a filter in the back of the cab and also recycles some cab are through a filter by the rear window.
You should be able to install the enclosure kit on any G series loader but putting factory style AC on it is not practical "in the field"
Skidsteer.ca
I don't think the G series is pressurized. At least mine is not. If I work in real dusty conditions for just an hour there will be dust all over in the cab....lots of it too. But its better than no cab at all.

mdoehling

I don't think the G series is pressurized. At least mine is not. If I work in real dusty conditions for just an hour there will be dust all over in the cab....lots of it too. But its better than no cab at all.
I don't know this for a fact, but I am guessing that the pressurized cab is a requirement for Tier IV compliance on their new machines. It doesn't really seem to make any sense otherwise. I had been told that Tier IV compliance was adding $3000 - $4000 a machine. This would explain a lot of that additional cost.

hydrostatic

I don't know this for a fact, but I am guessing that the pressurized cab is a requirement for Tier IV compliance on their new machines. It doesn't really seem to make any sense otherwise. I had been told that Tier IV compliance was adding $3000 - $4000 a machine. This would explain a lot of that additional cost.
non of the cab from bobcat are presurised simpel it is not posible without serious silicon ore tape and xtra unit to get let say 150mbar tier compliance is so expencive because the engine is more costly (feul pump..egr etc) sound insulation adds up