Power Sifter?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Chip S

Here's my problem. I have a riding arena covered in a sand/rubber chunk mix. The sand is about worn out and too dusty for healthy riding indoors. We water, but it's a pita. I want to screen out the rubber chunks, about 3/4 to 1" in size, get rid of the sand and replace with more rubber or dust free material. The arena is about 75'x110' and the material is about 5" deep. I've looked around for a shaker box or soil screener to rent, but nobody knows what I'm talking about. A rockhound isn't the answer. Also, I have a relatively small machine, an LX565, so I'm not sure it'd be enough, even were I to find the implement. Thinking about welding up a sifting bucket frame out of 3x3x3/8 angle steel and using 3/4 raised expanded steel mesh, but the materials cost won't be cheap for this one job. Searching for more ideas. All of us is smarter than one of us. Thanks!

jerry

That's 127 yards of material. I recently saw for sale a rotary screen set on a slope or angle in a frame that was for screening topsoil and it was smaller scale, about right for that job. Check the local landscapers or their suppliers, concrete plants or gravel pits may have scrap screens from the washing plants available to build with. really can't help but it is a interesting project.

OP
OP
C

Chip S

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=29560
This fellow took a used bucket and replaced the bottom with rerod, if you did that and added a hydraulic motor for vibrating it might be reasonable cost ?
I like this idea! It'd take a while to get through all 1276 yds, but cheap trumps time in this case. I have an old hydro motor laying around, would have to rig up some kind of eccentric weight shaft for the vibrator. Don't have an old bucket though. Any ideas where I might start the search? Not too many auctions around here now,

coreya3212

I like this idea! It'd take a while to get through all 1276 yds, but cheap trumps time in this case. I have an old hydro motor laying around, would have to rig up some kind of eccentric weight shaft for the vibrator. Don't have an old bucket though. Any ideas where I might start the search? Not too many auctions around here now,
I actually was walking thru the scrap metal yard, they will sell used steal at 20 cents a pound, and found a bucket with bolt on teeth. So I grabbed it for 110 bucks as well as a chunk of straight steel for a edge, as I already had a tooth bucket. I cut the bolt on teeth off and welded my edge on. Then noticed a crack in the heel of the bucket the full length. I welded that up and use it and it hasnt let me down. Something like that would be ideal to cut the bottom out anyway. Long story, but I say try the scrap yard.

88vmx12

I have a rock picker that I had made that mimics the robo rock picker. I had a piece of expanded metal rolled to slide inside of it. I use it to sort out the rocks from top soil. Works excellent

Latest posts