parts cross reference 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

willett

hello again folks. engine is pulled on my 743 and im still looking for the mystery leak. i think its the spool return line but i havent got it out yet. anyways im going to do some preemptive maintenance while in in there. i want to reseal my control spool. it looks like i need quad rings and the boss rings for all the fittings. the boss rings will be easy to get but im hung up on the quad rings. i need 8. the bobcat dealer wants $25 per and im not okay with that. the part number is 6646372. has anybody been able to cross this to something generic? i also noticed that the inlet of my hydrostatic pump is weeping pretty good. might as well do that one too. its a lip seal pn 6513090 i would also like to do the coupler joints pn 6598304 and 6598303 if anybody has some non bobcat part numbers for this stuff i would be very greatful machine sn is 501938975 thanks spencer

Tazza

Staff member
If you take a quad ring out, take it to a hydraulic seal shop. The last lot i got were 50c each, sadly i don't have numbers for you.
the ORB Orings the seals hop can hook you up too.
The seal for the pump, loader parts source hooked me up with one of those fairly cheap, generic ones may not handle the pressure. You will need a puller to get the splined coupler off. Loosen the bolt a few turns, get a puller and only stroke the shaft of the puller, not the spline. It is cast iron and you can break it. It's a taper fit, so it won't let go without a fight. I drilled a hole and put a screw in the seal and used pliers to pull it out. I then tapped the new seal in partially then installed the snap ring and tapped it till it went into the groove, so i knew the seal went in square.

OP
OP
W

willett

If you take a quad ring out, take it to a hydraulic seal shop. The last lot i got were 50c each, sadly i don't have numbers for you.
the ORB Orings the seals hop can hook you up too.
The seal for the pump, loader parts source hooked me up with one of those fairly cheap, generic ones may not handle the pressure. You will need a puller to get the splined coupler off. Loosen the bolt a few turns, get a puller and only stroke the shaft of the puller, not the spline. It is cast iron and you can break it. It's a taper fit, so it won't let go without a fight. I drilled a hole and put a screw in the seal and used pliers to pull it out. I then tapped the new seal in partially then installed the snap ring and tapped it till it went into the groove, so i knew the seal went in square.
Got quad rings from a hydro shop for the whopping price of .87 each. For future reference if anybody reads this thread the vickers pump inlet seal dimensions are: 1.75 OD, 1" ID and .300" thick. Pump is a vickers ta1919v10r I used a $20 2 jaw puller to get the splines off the shaft. I also pulled apart the detents for aux and boom float. The old grease hardened up and the detent balls wouldn't fall into the groove on account of the hard grease. Its a real bastard to get the socket back over the balls so I cut a 1/8" notch in 1 side of the socket at the leading edge. Now the socket slips over the one of the balls and the other ball goes into the notch. I used a screwdriver to compress the ball in the notch and then pushed the socket over. Kind of difficult to explain. Hope I'm making sense. Spent an hour screwing around trying to get the balls in. Took 30 seconds with the notch cut.

OP
OP
W

willett

Got quad rings from a hydro shop for the whopping price of .87 each. For future reference if anybody reads this thread the vickers pump inlet seal dimensions are: 1.75 OD, 1" ID and .300" thick. Pump is a vickers ta1919v10r I used a $20 2 jaw puller to get the splines off the shaft. I also pulled apart the detents for aux and boom float. The old grease hardened up and the detent balls wouldn't fall into the groove on account of the hard grease. Its a real bastard to get the socket back over the balls so I cut a 1/8" notch in 1 side of the socket at the leading edge. Now the socket slips over the one of the balls and the other ball goes into the notch. I used a screwdriver to compress the ball in the notch and then pushed the socket over. Kind of difficult to explain. Hope I'm making sense. Spent an hour screwing around trying to get the balls in. Took 30 seconds with the notch cut.
Oh crap, I made a mistake. Resealed the spool valve but in the process I mixed all the spools up. I didn't realize that there were different part numbers for the spools. Gotta rip it apart again and see if I can figure it out.

Tazza

Staff member
Oh crap, I made a mistake. Resealed the spool valve but in the process I mixed all the spools up. I didn't realize that there were different part numbers for the spools. Gotta rip it apart again and see if I can figure it out.
I used a thick cable tie around the balls and spring to compress it, then the cover slid on. As for the spols, hopefully this image will help show what segments need to be detent sections: http://cats.klaxon-parts.ru/bobcat/544-170177/ The holes in the spool are machined for the spools, so they should have gone back in the same holes. If they don't bind up when installed, hopefully you'll be ok. Good job on getting quad rings at the right price