Pallet Forks with Grapple

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vinrum

Hey guys, I am looking for a heavy duty set of fork with a single grapple between the forks, to move a bunch of logs.. If anyone knows of a good company, please let me know

Steve

Tazza

Staff member
I have never seen a setup like that, you may need to get one fabricated... It can't be too hard to build.
There are grapple buckets that appear like they would do just as good of a job as forks with a grapple.They are larger, so they would weigh more than the setup you have in mind....

OP
OP
V

vinrum

I have never seen a setup like that, you may need to get one fabricated... It can't be too hard to build.
There are grapple buckets that appear like they would do just as good of a job as forks with a grapple.They are larger, so they would weigh more than the setup you have in mind....
I have a bucket with a grapple set-up. The only down fall is that the damn thing is to heavy, and trying to move logs with it is tough..I seen a fork set-up with a grapple in the back of the equipment trader, but now I cant find the company..They sell cheap looking models on ebay, but I am looking for something alittle more heavy duty

steve

wings5j

Hi Steve, Two summers ago I fell, skidded, and decked three semi-loads of short logs (16 feet, six inches) with my 742B. It was a mix of Ponderosa Pine, larch and fir. I have a fork-lift with grapple and it was doing just fine. Early on in the project I broke a hydraulic connection for the grapple. I didn't have time to head to town that day, so I just took the grapple off and continued using the fork by itself. With a little practice, I decided it was quicker and easier without the grapple and I left the grapple off for the rest of the project. Not sure if that helps you or not, but thought I would throw the story out there. John

skidsteer.ca

Hi Steve, Two summers ago I fell, skidded, and decked three semi-loads of short logs (16 feet, six inches) with my 742B. It was a mix of Ponderosa Pine, larch and fir. I have a fork-lift with grapple and it was doing just fine. Early on in the project I broke a hydraulic connection for the grapple. I didn't have time to head to town that day, so I just took the grapple off and continued using the fork by itself. With a little practice, I decided it was quicker and easier without the grapple and I left the grapple off for the rest of the project. Not sure if that helps you or not, but thought I would throw the story out there. John
http://virnigmfg.com/index.php?page...category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=67
List $2315
Have a look and let me know
Ken at skisteer.ca