owatonna 330

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

stayncharge

New here hope I can get some help. I have an older owatonna 330 and for some reason the right front wheel locks up every now and then but before it would be ok if I just rocked it back and forth but now it seems to do it all the time. I have the wheels off and the cover off the right side and everything inside looks like new and it will lock up a little wjen I turn the wheels but it seems to be able to be pushed through it when it starts to lock up. Any ideas would make a old guy happy. Thanks

OP
OP
S

stayncharge

no one fas posted here so I guess no one knows what I can do? Does anyone know were I could get any help with this? Thanks

Don Shilling

no one fas posted here so I guess no one knows what I can do? Does anyone know were I could get any help with this? Thanks
I know nothing about your machine but you could disconnect the chain or whatever drives the wheel and see what happens. Then go to the next device in the drive line until you find the part that is giving trouble. Sorry about the generalization but just practice basic trouble shooting and ALWAYS consider the "KISS" principal. (Keep It Simple, Stupid) Note: no reflection on you personally!

Tazza

Staff member
I know nothing about your machine but you could disconnect the chain or whatever drives the wheel and see what happens. Then go to the next device in the drive line until you find the part that is giving trouble. Sorry about the generalization but just practice basic trouble shooting and ALWAYS consider the "KISS" principal. (Keep It Simple, Stupid) Note: no reflection on you personally!
I too have never worked on one before, that's why i never replied.
Kinda sounds like it could be the park brake. How easy is it to remove to inspect.
How often does it lock up? if it's quite often, can you pull the brake and drive the machine around on flat ground, see if it locks?. Even check how it locks the wheels and see if there are any marks of where it may be biting confirming that it was the brake.
Just a though.