Overide Seat Bar sensor 763 F ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

toohp

Looks like my seat bar sensor could be on the way out as I have to raise & lower the seat bar several times before the Hydraulics will work . I cannot get to a dealer for a new switch & have the work the machine can I overide this switch by means of changing the wires in the switch ? My traction lock switch dosn't appear to do anything . Cheers Toohp

OldMachinist

Nobody has figured out a way to jumper or rewire these switches that I know of. The switch uses a magnet to work some how and sometimes if they get metal shavings or rust in/on them they start acting funky. You may just need to clean it.

Tazza

Staff member
Nobody has figured out a way to jumper or rewire these switches that I know of. The switch uses a magnet to work some how and sometimes if they get metal shavings or rust in/on them they start acting funky. You may just need to clean it.
It could be a broken locating pin for the magnet that activates the sensor. You can technically by-pass the sensor, but it's there to keep you safe.
If you pull the seat bar off and check the magnet and sensor, it may be something simple. Test it by sitting in the cab with the sensor hooked up, key on and rotate the magnet in the sensor till the light goes off. If it works, it is most likely that a locating pin/key is damaged not allowing the magnet to rest in the right place to activate the sensor.