Overcharging T300

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ShaneT250

Hello, all! This is my first post, though I have been lurking for a little while. My brother has a rental business that I am a part of here in southeast Louisiana. One of our machines is a 2003 T300 with about 1200 hrs. One of our customers has it a distance from us and has been working on it. The customer told us that a battery load test checked out okay, but the alternator is putting out about 15 volts. The lights were staying on at all times despite their setting, so the light relay was pulled and it smelled burnt. The deluxe control panel had a faint beep for about a week and now it is to the point where you can't even enter a code and start it now. He was working on it, as he may be buying the particular machine. Could the problem just be the overcharging alternator or is there a possible short in the wiring? The local repair shop will be backed up for about three weeks, so we need to figure this one out ourselves. The electrical system is an area we need help with. We can usually handle most mechanical issues. What do you all recommend? Just changing the alternator? Other relays? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Shane

goodtech

Make sure that he knows what he is doing on the wiring, You CANNOT use a test light on these newer machines, volt meters only, I personally have not scene an alternator at 15 volts cause any trouble, to me it sounds like you have a dirty ground or a bad controller, if he was probing around with that test light. I will take a look at the diagram tommorrow and get back with you. These machines can cost you alot of money if you do not someone that knows there electrical on them, I've seen people take out there actuactors, controller, and deluxe panel by not know what they are doing and just stabbing a couple of wires.

OP
OP
S

ShaneT250

Make sure that he knows what he is doing on the wiring, You CANNOT use a test light on these newer machines, volt meters only, I personally have not scene an alternator at 15 volts cause any trouble, to me it sounds like you have a dirty ground or a bad controller, if he was probing around with that test light. I will take a look at the diagram tommorrow and get back with you. These machines can cost you alot of money if you do not someone that knows there electrical on them, I've seen people take out there actuactors, controller, and deluxe panel by not know what they are doing and just stabbing a couple of wires.
Thanks for the reply, goodtech. I'll pass this on to my brother and the guy buying the machine. They are out on a job right now with another machine, so it may be another day before I know what they will do. I will give them the onfo and pass on the warning about the test light. Thanks again, Shane

goodtech

Thanks for the reply, goodtech. I'll pass this on to my brother and the guy buying the machine. They are out on a job right now with another machine, so it may be another day before I know what they will do. I will give them the onfo and pass on the warning about the test light. Thanks again, Shane
Can you go into your deluxe panel and pull any codes up, any will help alot. In your owners manual it should give you directions on how to look up codes