old 1830 case hydraulic

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

oldgoat

I have an old 1830 that has cessna pumps that the repair shop can't seem to find parts for.What I would like to know is what other kind of pump will bolt up to my ford motor[ It has been repowerd before I got it]

Tazza

Staff member
Have you tried loader parts source to see if they have anything listed that is a bolt in replacement? they have a few listed, but only list the Case part numbers. If you can get the number from case, you can hopefully check if they have one listed.

Luckyperk47

Have you tried loader parts source to see if they have anything listed that is a bolt in replacement? they have a few listed, but only list the Case part numbers. If you can get the number from case, you can hopefully check if they have one listed.
I think some of the Case 1830 used the same pump as the on in my CL20. I think Erickson was making the 1830 for Case. I was able to locate the parts schematic at the following web address is the PDF parts schematic for this tranny. http://www.vickers.sh.cn/pdfs/06-632 Re: Ford CL-20 pump repair Posted: 11-06-2013 06:44 AM This is an answer to an old post on the pump repair on the Ford CL 20. 70142, 70144 and 70145 Cessna Eaton piston pump is the Hydrostatic piston pump that is in my CL20. Texas Bearing In Amarillo was familiar with Cessna Eaton hydraulic pumps. I ordered parts from them. This same hydrostatic transmission is in several models of skid loaders, Erickson, Case 1830, New Holland, are a few of them.

OP
OP
O

oldgoat

I think some of the Case 1830 used the same pump as the on in my CL20. I think Erickson was making the 1830 for Case. I was able to locate the parts schematic at the following web address is the PDF parts schematic for this tranny. http://www.vickers.sh.cn/pdfs/06-632 Re: Ford CL-20 pump repair Posted: 11-06-2013 06:44 AM This is an answer to an old post on the pump repair on the Ford CL 20. 70142, 70144 and 70145 Cessna Eaton piston pump is the Hydrostatic piston pump that is in my CL20. Texas Bearing In Amarillo was familiar with Cessna Eaton hydraulic pumps. I ordered parts from them. This same hydrostatic transmission is in several models of skid loaders, Erickson, Case 1830, New Holland, are a few of them.
thanks I will give them a try

dmhdaz

thanks I will give them a try
hi, what is wrong with the pump/s that they need to be replaced. i do have some part #s if needed as i just rebuilt both of my pumps. Loader Parts Source is the best place and they still have available the left, right and equipment pumps, but can be expensive.

OP
OP
O

oldgoat

hi, what is wrong with the pump/s that they need to be replaced. i do have some part #s if needed as i just rebuilt both of my pumps. Loader Parts Source is the best place and they still have available the left, right and equipment pumps, but can be expensive.
I am not sure what parts need to be replaced. they said they could get the parts,but it would be mid January and the cost would be about 4500 that is to much.So I am just looking for another pump.It looks like L.P.S has them,going to call them today.I dont trust myself to rebilt on my own

Luckyperk47

I am not sure what parts need to be replaced. they said they could get the parts,but it would be mid January and the cost would be about 4500 that is to much.So I am just looking for another pump.It looks like L.P.S has them,going to call them today.I dont trust myself to rebilt on my own
What was your pump doing that requires it to be rebuilt?

dmhdaz

It had been sitting in the weeds for about 8 years an none one knew why I took it in to have it checked out.
was the machine running or no movement with the levers?. was there enough hyd oil. Rebuilding the pumps in this skidsteer is very simple, just have to be very clean. i rebuilt both left and right pumps, right was ok left was totally destroyed, cost me $800 Aus dollars for the rotating group.Had both rebuilt for under $1000

OP
OP
O

oldgoat

was the machine running or no movement with the levers?. was there enough hyd oil. Rebuilding the pumps in this skidsteer is very simple, just have to be very clean. i rebuilt both left and right pumps, right was ok left was totally destroyed, cost me $800 Aus dollars for the rotating group.Had both rebuilt for under $1000
the motor was shot had hyd oil the lever were frose up took a week just to clean it up.all I wanted them to do was to check it out they siad they tested it and it was week then they tore it apart . I am going to get replacments from LPS. and hopefully I can bring it back from the dead. I still got to replace the lines and clean the cylinders.and find some other miner parts

dmhdaz

the motor was shot had hyd oil the lever were frose up took a week just to clean it up.all I wanted them to do was to check it out they siad they tested it and it was week then they tore it apart . I am going to get replacments from LPS. and hopefully I can bring it back from the dead. I still got to replace the lines and clean the cylinders.and find some other miner parts
sounds like they needed a job to do, make sure they dont overcharge you.If they pulled it apart they could tell u and charge u anything. Could be something as simple as a stuck relief valve. let me know how it goes.

Luckyperk47

sounds like they needed a job to do, make sure they dont overcharge you.If they pulled it apart they could tell u and charge u anything. Could be something as simple as a stuck relief valve. let me know how it goes.
I am double dumb. Two years ago I managed to completely disassemble one of the Cessna-Eaton 70142 hydrostatic transmissions and put it back together. It actually worked after I got it put back in the Ford CL 20 loader. A bloomin workin miracle. These transmissions are really easy to work on. I found another CL 20 in Flagstaff AZ. Paid a transport trucker to bring it to Canyon. I bought it and trucked it in for less $ than what a rebuilt Cessna Eaton transmission cost. I just got through tearing down one Cessna Eaton transmissions and installing seal kit with all the o-rings. This transmission is mounted on a Wisconsin VH4D 30 hp going in one CL 20. I took pictures taking the transmission apart so I could remember how it goes back together in conjunction with the factory schematic from Case and Cessna-Eaton. I have tried to post some of these pictures. I finally figured out the forum computer program is not compatible with Firefox browser that I am running. Be sure and not let the hydraulic shop throw away or keep any of the parts. The cores are worth some $. I have difficulty changing a spin on oil filter. There is enough information and experienced skid loader experts on this forum to guide you through anything. I am going to need a new #13 splined shaft and a housing case for the other transmission. I can buy new parts. I think the shaft cost about $170.00. One of the pump flange ear is broken off the case. I found some aluminum rod on the internet that is advertised to repair cast aluminum blocks and transmissions. I have never welded an Aluminum block before, but I am going to stumble around and try before I order a new case for the front pump. This is just food-for-thought for on working on these older model skid loaders.

OP
OP
O

oldgoat

I am double dumb. Two years ago I managed to completely disassemble one of the Cessna-Eaton 70142 hydrostatic transmissions and put it back together. It actually worked after I got it put back in the Ford CL 20 loader. A bloomin workin miracle. These transmissions are really easy to work on. I found another CL 20 in Flagstaff AZ. Paid a transport trucker to bring it to Canyon. I bought it and trucked it in for less $ than what a rebuilt Cessna Eaton transmission cost. I just got through tearing down one Cessna Eaton transmissions and installing seal kit with all the o-rings. This transmission is mounted on a Wisconsin VH4D 30 hp going in one CL 20. I took pictures taking the transmission apart so I could remember how it goes back together in conjunction with the factory schematic from Case and Cessna-Eaton. I have tried to post some of these pictures. I finally figured out the forum computer program is not compatible with Firefox browser that I am running. Be sure and not let the hydraulic shop throw away or keep any of the parts. The cores are worth some $. I have difficulty changing a spin on oil filter. There is enough information and experienced skid loader experts on this forum to guide you through anything. I am going to need a new #13 splined shaft and a housing case for the other transmission. I can buy new parts. I think the shaft cost about $170.00. One of the pump flange ear is broken off the case. I found some aluminum rod on the internet that is advertised to repair cast aluminum blocks and transmissions. I have never welded an Aluminum block before, but I am going to stumble around and try before I order a new case for the front pump. This is just food-for-thought for on working on these older model skid loaders.
I got all the parts back.at no charge.I will keep everone up dated.when it goes back together what is the best way to preoil it.I will have put all new hoses and flused the cylinders out,do'nt want to run it dry or anything.

Luckyperk47

I got all the parts back.at no charge.I will keep everone up dated.when it goes back together what is the best way to preoil it.I will have put all new hoses and flused the cylinders out,do'nt want to run it dry or anything.
I do not want you to think I am an expert on hydrostatic transmission, but I do have pictures of taking apart. I have put 2 back together. One worked. I have not tested the completely assembled transmission yet. I need to disassemble the transmission that has the stripped the splines and needs new seals and o rings. I am running Firefox browser which is not compatible with the forums software program. I cannot get pictures posted nor can I get Microsoft IE working on my computer. I could send you jpeg pictures to you via e-mail if you think it might help. I do much better looking at a picture and schematic. I have not learned how to send a private email yet either. So I will need your e-mail if you think pictures might help. My Ford CL 20 says to use 10 w 30 motor oil. I squirted parts while assembling with clean oil. Then funneled in a fair amount of oil in hoses to and turned by hand the pump shaft. Then after hooking up complete system I ran the starter for several time periods to circulate oil before initial engine start up. I think I may have read that in the Ford CL 20 repair manual. Thanks for your post it keeps the old brain matter stirred up