Off-brand front hoe attachment recommendations?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I used to own an excavator arm attachment for my bobcat. The type that is just the arm and it operates from inside the cab.
I find myself in need of one but they are difficult to locate. Anybody have insight into the vast array of seemingly cheesy aftermarket attachments available?
There's one called CID x-treme, however the vendor can't even produce a video of it in operation. Hoping to not get ripped off.
Anybody have any experience? It's just for minor jobs around the house, the occasional footing, or planting a tree.
I would prefer one that swings from side to side as opposed to the stiff arm type.

mrbb

Just my 2 cents here, I got a stiff arm one a few yrs back, it is FAR from heavy duty got it for like 750 bucks or less if memory recalls things right, it has a 14 inch wide bucket on it, with 3 replaceable teeth, I got it just to dig a few small holes and some very light duty jobs about a property I keep it at
overall its done all I ask, but I have not asked it to do anything hard to be honest

the way I view things is this, I didn;t really want a very HD built unit, as I didn;'t want to stress the quick attach or the arms on the machine,a s they really IMO are not made to do what what a backhoe does ,(the ripping force they can have is a LOT to be pulling on your quick attach tabs IMO) which is why I think the more real units that have the stabilizers and such and you work off them and not the quick attach are a better design if your doing anything aggressive or just , hard digging or working the machine with the hoe attachment

I'd rather damage the hoe I got than my machine if you follow, so I went Light duty on the hoe side of things

as for one that tilts, there are a few out there, never used any, but here is one , if you cannot find info on the one you listed, maybe this one will help you get info you want

as well as this one, comes in both fixed and swing models

OP
OP
P
Much appreciated. The previous one I owned was the bobcat Bobtach one. I literally beat the crap out of it and never killed it.
Wish I hadn't sold it

AJ-17

I am sorry here, I think that you would be way more happy with a full backhoe attachment. The links that were provided, one has been discontinue. I feel you you cause so much damage to the surrounding ground with using one of those. Even with a full backhoe attachment, it still rips the ground up around were the tires/tracks are anyway.
I have 3 backhoe attachments that all do different things for me. New ones are $20,000.00 from Bobcat. Lots of used ones out there, but they can be hard to find. I have wanted one of these for more than 10 years for my Thomas T-133. In March I found one locally and bought it. The Bobcat 709 was very, very well used, all cylinders leak. I have yet to rebuild this one and have named it "Papa". Then I bought a BH108 from a guy in Canada, a few weeks later, which he delivered to me. I have done many changes to this one and used this to dig a pool for my sister a month ago. It is named "Mama". The Bobcat 907 is the smallest and it is the ones I remember using in the late 1980's and early 90's when renting the 753 Bobcats from rental companies. This one needs a major overhaul including all the hard lines which I have been making with stainless steel tubing and steel ends. This one is named "Baby".
Now, as far as worrying about the wear and tear on the boom, pins and other parts. I just do not feel it is that big of a deal. Is it going to be used for hundreds and hundreds of hours. Probably not so, if you grease all pivot points twice a day, what little wear on those parts will be minimal.
The 709 has modified stock brackets that attach to the main frame of the 133. The 907 attach ball points have been completely cut off since Bobcat main frames are very narrow and tall, where as the Thomas main frame is wider and shorter than a Bobcat machine. The 907 mounts hit the hydraulic lines on the 133, that is the reason why they were cut off. The BH108 that I used to dig the pool for my sister, only attaches to the boom of the 133 and not the frame of the machine like the 709. It works better being able to move from place to place with the attachment not being attached to the frame. Just my opinion.

Here is a picture of all three attachments.

Attachments

• IMG_3779.jpeg
    IMG_3779.jpeg
    919.6 KB · Views: 64

ckjohnson99

I purchases a Bradco 511 probably 15 years ago when I bought my first Bobcat 763. This attachment requires special mounting brackets sized for the particular machine you are using and they aren't cheap. However, the hoe is very well built. I've used it to put in 200' of water line (8 feet deep), replaced culverts, ripped out tree stumps and cleaned up stock water ponds.

When I upgraded to a Bobcat S959, I had to purchase new mounting brackets which, again, weren't cheap. I still have the old ones but I'll never sell the 511.

mrbb

I am sorry here, I think that you would be way more happy with a full backhoe attachment. The links that were provided, one has been discontinue. I feel you you cause so much damage to the surrounding ground with using one of those. Even with a full backhoe attachment, it still rips the ground up around were the tires/tracks are anyway.
I have 3 backhoe attachments that all do different things for me. New ones are $20,000.00 from Bobcat. Lots of used ones out there, but they can be hard to find. I have wanted one of these for more than 10 years for my Thomas T-133. In March I found one locally and bought it. The Bobcat 709 was very, very well used, all cylinders leak. I have yet to rebuild this one and have named it "Papa". Then I bought a BH108 from a guy in Canada, a few weeks later, which he delivered to me. I have done many changes to this one and used this to dig a pool for my sister a month ago. It is named "Mama". The Bobcat 907 is the smallest and it is the ones I remember using in the late 1980's and early 90's when renting the 753 Bobcats from rental companies. This one needs a major overhaul including all the hard lines which I have been making with stainless steel tubing and steel ends. This one is named "Baby".
Now, as far as worrying about the wear and tear on the boom, pins and other parts. I just do not feel it is that big of a deal. Is it going to be used for hundreds and hundreds of hours. Probably not so, if you grease all pivot points twice a day, what little wear on those parts will be minimal.
The 709 has modified stock brackets that attach to the main frame of the 133. The 907 attach ball points have been completely cut off since Bobcat main frames are very narrow and tall, where as the Thomas main frame is wider and shorter than a Bobcat machine. The 907 mounts hit the hydraulic lines on the 133, that is the reason why they were cut off. The BH108 that I used to dig the pool for my sister, only attaches to the boom of the 133 and not the frame of the machine like the 709. It works better being able to move from place to place with the attachment not being attached to the frame. Just my opinion.

Here is a picture of all three attachments.
just to be clear, My view on adds stress and wear and tear is not on the backhoe designs like this, (ones in your post) , these I feel add a LOT LESS than, say a stiff arm design, as the quick attach stays in one place when in use, as in using a full backhoe set up, over a stiff arm,
where with a stiff arm design, you are pulling on it from all different angles at times, , which I think can add again stress to the arms and quick attach, some of these stiff arm and ones that like that can adjust side to side,
have 13,000+ lbs of force they can generate, which again IMO is quite a bit , that I doubt the quick attach was really designed to be used with!
limited use, I am sure is fine, but start getting aggressive and in very hard ground, or just a operator that doesn't care , and I do feel they again add a lot more wear and tear to things, and since they build , some of these stiff arm hoe's extra HD, they might out live the machine there attached too,, which in the math game, or way I see it! , to me , means/
The more costly piece , the skid steer could l damage first, which I'd rather not, and thus why UI didn't buy the most HD stiff arm hoe made, Id rather the hoe be weaker than my skid steer!
just my 2 cents

if I was using a hoe on a skid steer often, , and again , I fully agree, a full on set up is the better investment and will be easier on the skid steer