No Reverse

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SSmith

I have a 753 that the left side won't reverse, forward is fine. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

JustAwrench

First check your linkage and make sure it's tight and you're getting full stroke in both directions. It could be a replenishing valve in the hydrostatic pump. Try swapping them and see if you loose forward drive-then that's it. Just the act of removing the valves may dislodge a piece of foreign material holding one of them open, so if you swap them and your drive comes back, leave them be, change oil and filter and have at it. If it remains the same, cap and plug your motor hoses and see if your pump will stall in reverse. If it stalls, the problem's in your drive motor. If not, then it's in your pump. If it's your motor, check your shuttle valve, but I recommend removing the motor and getting at least a parts diagram before you open it. If it's in your pump and not your replenishing valves, it's more of a job.

JustAwrench

First check your linkage and make sure it's tight and you're getting full stroke in both directions. It could be a replenishing valve in the hydrostatic pump. Try swapping them and see if you loose forward drive-then that's it. Just the act of removing the valves may dislodge a piece of foreign material holding one of them open, so if you swap them and your drive comes back, leave them be, change oil and filter and have at it. If it remains the same, cap and plug your motor hoses and see if your pump will stall in reverse. If it stalls, the problem's in your drive motor. If not, then it's in your pump. If it's your motor, check your shuttle valve, but I recommend removing the motor and getting at least a parts diagram before you open it. If it's in your pump and not your replenishing valves, it's more of a job.
I'm at work on lunch-checked the manual. As above, but depending on your pump model, the relief valves may not be interchangeable, so if they look different, don't swap them around, but I think your problem may be in here.

dirtyernie52

I'm at work on lunch-checked the manual. As above, but depending on your pump model, the relief valves may not be interchangeable, so if they look different, don't swap them around, but I think your problem may be in here.
hello, I have almost the same problem here except my 753 is doing it in forward on the right side, any help will be appreciated. thanks aaron p.s. SSSMITH did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours? thanks

Tazza

Staff member
hello, I have almost the same problem here except my 753 is doing it in forward on the right side, any help will be appreciated. thanks aaron p.s. SSSMITH did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours? thanks
I would remove the 2 big hoses from the hydrostatic motor and reverse them, see if it will rotate in the oposite direction. If i understand the hydrostatic motors correctly, they have a floating vavle that allows the oil to change direction. If this is stuck or broken it will only allow oil to pass in 1 direction, ie. forward.
I hope this helps.

dirtyernie52

I would remove the 2 big hoses from the hydrostatic motor and reverse them, see if it will rotate in the oposite direction. If i understand the hydrostatic motors correctly, they have a floating vavle that allows the oil to change direction. If this is stuck or broken it will only allow oil to pass in 1 direction, ie. forward.
I hope this helps.
im going to remove the motor and have it rebuilt. that must be it. today i switched the two hoses at the pump and it did the same thing. thanks aaron