NH LX565 - F04 showing on EIC.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mugford

Hi there, In the last few days I've been getting a F04 appearing on the instrument cluster after switching to RUN after starting. I have no idea what it indicates. Everything seems to be working fine and I was unable to find any reference to it in my manual. Any direction greatly appreciated!! Mike in Canada

skidsteer.ca

Mike
I'll try and check my engine manual when I get a chance. Unfortunately NH has about 5 manuals to cover the whole machine. So I'm not sure if the EIC is in that manual.
Charger is the guy you really need.
Btw where are you at
Ken, Western On

OP
OP
M

mugford

Mike
I'll try and check my engine manual when I get a chance. Unfortunately NH has about 5 manuals to cover the whole machine. So I'm not sure if the EIC is in that manual.
Charger is the guy you really need.
Btw where are you at
Ken, Western On
Thanks Ken, I'd really appreciate any help on it. I'm in London, ON. Purchased the machine in the spring but it hasn't been really put to work yet as I've only just recently acquired a trailer. Thanks again Mike

charger

Thanks Ken, I'd really appreciate any help on it. I'm in London, ON. Purchased the machine in the spring but it hasn't been really put to work yet as I've only just recently acquired a trailer. Thanks again Mike
did you flip your service run switch from service to run while the machine was running? that can cause that problem, if not f4 is the fuel shut off solenoid shorted out

heatpumpproducts

did you flip your service run switch from service to run while the machine was running? that can cause that problem, if not f4 is the fuel shut off solenoid shorted out
charger , i am new to these posts , down in N.B. Canada , i have a multi problem , L565 with boom hydr , 4290 hrs new to me . i bought service manuals , but they do not tell me anything , what is starting proceedure, what do the different lights on the service panel mean , how much 10/30 oil do i put in the engine , the dip stick is not real clear , now its real cold -30 and it would turn over but not start , thought it was the fuel , added methal hydrate put a magnetic bloc heater to the engine above the oil filter (cant reach the sump yet),and battery blanket on one side of the batery . any way ,,, when i turned over the engine /no start/ the starter kept running , the disply, shows a gear with a drop in it , as well the battery , and seat belt , and P for park brake i think. i checked the seat belt and it has continuety when conected ,at its wire conection at the back of the seat , i cleaned the seat switchs /and female conectors - i put a new seat on has only one placement for safty switch so i double spaded looped wire was used for the other , i checked the fuses at the uper right hand side and the seem to be good , and i checked the one on the fire wall the one on the bottom was blown so i replaced it . is their any on the pre heat swithes under the covers , if the relay is bad how do i check it , the starter sticks on even it the key is pulled out , thier was a loose wire on the starter so i tightened it (big red)one , the front lights don't turn on but the rear ones do , i checked the bulbs ok , all was sent from penn in the state by truck , sat at the border for 2 weeks , when it landed started wright up and plowed for over an hr with buchet hard 4 foot snow in my back yard seemed to have lots of power , the pedels at first did not move real well , but after a mim or two they were ok . engine did not even smoke more than 30 sec and no strong odor from the exaust . purd --- what is starting rpm and run rpm as well as shut down rpm were do i get more power for addition lights /flood and 4 way storbes from federal signal like the kind you see on plow trucks . the have an amp and controle switches . the floods are 2x55wat each and in my book i see that they could be mounted to the arms . is it safe to drill at the handle or would welding a angle plate be better. my email is [email protected] 506-622-5927. my first name is kier , born in thopson.man hope to here from you soon .thanks

heatpumpproducts

charger , i am new to these posts , down in N.B. Canada , i have a multi problem , L565 with boom hydr , 4290 hrs new to me . i bought service manuals , but they do not tell me anything , what is starting proceedure, what do the different lights on the service panel mean , how much 10/30 oil do i put in the engine , the dip stick is not real clear , now its real cold -30 and it would turn over but not start , thought it was the fuel , added methal hydrate put a magnetic bloc heater to the engine above the oil filter (cant reach the sump yet),and battery blanket on one side of the batery . any way ,,, when i turned over the engine /no start/ the starter kept running , the disply, shows a gear with a drop in it , as well the battery , and seat belt , and P for park brake i think. i checked the seat belt and it has continuety when conected ,at its wire conection at the back of the seat , i cleaned the seat switchs /and female conectors - i put a new seat on has only one placement for safty switch so i double spaded looped wire was used for the other , i checked the fuses at the uper right hand side and the seem to be good , and i checked the one on the fire wall the one on the bottom was blown so i replaced it . is their any on the pre heat swithes under the covers , if the relay is bad how do i check it , the starter sticks on even it the key is pulled out , thier was a loose wire on the egnision switch so i tightened it (big red)one , the front lights don't turn on but the rear ones do , i checked the bulbs ok , all was sent from penn in the state by truck , sat at the border for 2 weeks , when it landed started wright up and plowed for over an hr with buchet hard 4 foot snow in my back yard seemed to have lots of power , the pedels at first did not move real well , but after a mim or two they were ok . engine did not even smoke more than 30 sec and no strong odor from the exaust . purd --- what is starting rpm and run rpm as well as shut down rpm were do i get more power for addition lights /flood and 4 way storbes from federal signal like the kind you see on plow trucks . the have an amp and controle switches . the floods are 2x55wat each and in my book i see that they could be mounted to the arms . is it safe to drill at the handle or would welding a angle plate be better. my email is [email protected] 506-622-5927. my first name is kier , born in thopson.man hope to here from you soon .thanks

skidsteer.ca

charger , i am new to these posts , down in N.B. Canada , i have a multi problem , L565 with boom hydr , 4290 hrs new to me . i bought service manuals , but they do not tell me anything , what is starting proceedure, what do the different lights on the service panel mean , how much 10/30 oil do i put in the engine , the dip stick is not real clear , now its real cold -30 and it would turn over but not start , thought it was the fuel , added methal hydrate put a magnetic bloc heater to the engine above the oil filter (cant reach the sump yet),and battery blanket on one side of the batery . any way ,,, when i turned over the engine /no start/ the starter kept running , the disply, shows a gear with a drop in it , as well the battery , and seat belt , and P for park brake i think. i checked the seat belt and it has continuety when conected ,at its wire conection at the back of the seat , i cleaned the seat switchs /and female conectors - i put a new seat on has only one placement for safty switch so i double spaded looped wire was used for the other , i checked the fuses at the uper right hand side and the seem to be good , and i checked the one on the fire wall the one on the bottom was blown so i replaced it . is their any on the pre heat swithes under the covers , if the relay is bad how do i check it , the starter sticks on even it the key is pulled out , thier was a loose wire on the egnision switch so i tightened it (big red)one , the front lights don't turn on but the rear ones do , i checked the bulbs ok , all was sent from penn in the state by truck , sat at the border for 2 weeks , when it landed started wright up and plowed for over an hr with buchet hard 4 foot snow in my back yard seemed to have lots of power , the pedels at first did not move real well , but after a mim or two they were ok . engine did not even smoke more than 30 sec and no strong odor from the exaust . purd --- what is starting rpm and run rpm as well as shut down rpm were do i get more power for addition lights /flood and 4 way storbes from federal signal like the kind you see on plow trucks . the have an amp and controle switches . the floods are 2x55wat each and in my book i see that they could be mounted to the arms . is it safe to drill at the handle or would welding a angle plate be better. my email is [email protected] 506-622-5927. my first name is kier , born in thopson.man hope to here from you soon .thanks
You can catch up with Charger at his web site.
www.glmechanical.ca
The starter sticking thing happens to my ls 160 to. It is the heavy grease inside the starter that the bendix slides on. The bendix gear is slow to retract because the spring can't move the heavy gease fast enough, and this holds the solinoid contacts shut so it continues to crank. It is not a problem with the key switch. Who ever designed and assembled this starter was not considering -30.
Washing the grease out and putting something lighter on it will help.
You need 0-40 oil for your climate. NH in Steinbach (where Charger works) recommends it year around. Also get a block heater from your local auto parts store. You can remove the cover under the oil pan and stick your mag heater under the engine. Also tarp the unit over if you must leave it outside in -30 weather.
My pedals are stiff until I move them the first time, eveytime I shut it off.
To me it sounds like other then the head lights this is all cold weather trouble.
Ken

jerry

You can catch up with Charger at his web site.
www.glmechanical.ca
The starter sticking thing happens to my ls 160 to. It is the heavy grease inside the starter that the bendix slides on. The bendix gear is slow to retract because the spring can't move the heavy gease fast enough, and this holds the solinoid contacts shut so it continues to crank. It is not a problem with the key switch. Who ever designed and assembled this starter was not considering -30.
Washing the grease out and putting something lighter on it will help.
You need 0-40 oil for your climate. NH in Steinbach (where Charger works) recommends it year around. Also get a block heater from your local auto parts store. You can remove the cover under the oil pan and stick your mag heater under the engine. Also tarp the unit over if you must leave it outside in -30 weather.
My pedals are stiff until I move them the first time, eveytime I shut it off.
To me it sounds like other then the head lights this is all cold weather trouble.
Ken
Sticky starter happened to me the other day and I cleaned it last fall and oiled it with synthetic. If it would not have fired and kicked the pinion out there was nothing going to stop it. And that is on a little ford engine.