NH LS150 Bucket dropping

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bsargent

Hello everyone. This is my first post. Hopefully this will sound familiar to somebody. I have a 2000 model New Holland LS150. Recently the bucket started dropping on its own while running it after I would tilt it back toward the cab. Shortly thereafter, the Hydrostatic Pressure light came on and shut the engine down. I checked the repair manual and everything lead to the control valve - mostl likely a check valve. Now the fluid level was full, and I had recently changed the hydraulic filter, so I ruled that out. I also checked the hysdrostatic presure sensor, and it seemed to ohm out o.k. SO set about the daunting task of removing the control valve and disassembling it - looking for a stuck check valve or broken breng or bad o-ring. Everything looked clean except for two tiny pieces of rubber - they looked like part of a seal or gasket, not and o-ring - were found floating around in there. They must have come from somewhere, but I couldn't find where. Anyway, I put it all back together, topped off the fluid and fired it up. I got the same reuslt with the bucket dropping back down on it own. Only this time, the alarm light didn't go off. I checked a few more things. The boom lifts up and down and holds o.k. Obviously the bucket tilts back ok. It also tilts forwards with input from the pedal. I even lowered it - tilted it forward - until it picked up the front tires and it held in place. What gives? Is there something internal wrong with the valve? Or is there something else I'm missing? I have confirmed there are no external leaks, as well. Any help would be grealty appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
This sounds like a lead check problem. They use small O rings that shred and leave pieces floating around. These should be located in the section of the control block that controls the tilt function, they are usually in line with where the spool runs. If not they will be at right angles to it behind what looks like a plug. But only fiddle with ones for that specific section. If the other functions work ok leave them alone.

Tazza

Staff member
This sounds like a lead check problem. They use small O rings that shred and leave pieces floating around. These should be located in the section of the control block that controls the tilt function, they are usually in line with where the spool runs. If not they will be at right angles to it behind what looks like a plug. But only fiddle with ones for that specific section. If the other functions work ok leave them alone.
I meant LOAD CHECK, sorry no spell check installed at work....