NH L218 Skid - Malfunction and Stop Light on cold start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RDLDRDLD

Today the temp was 9° F and the machine started right up, but I had the Electric System Malfunction light on solid, and the the STOP light Flashing. There was a 30 second timer running down at which point the machine shut down. I started it again, and the same situation. As the information was scrolling through I did not see any error codes. The manual says there should be a code.
I fired it up a 3rd time and it ran fine with no error lights. This has happened before when the outside temp drops. I am looking for ideas or speculation of what might be happening. I will try some more tests tomorrow after I figure how to stop the display from scrolling and just show the error (if any).

foton

I do not know if this is your issue but do you have winterized fuel in the machine, it might be gelling at that temp. So a treatment might help with that, there are several manfs. that make that stuff, your call on whos to buy. It will have to be run around awhile to get it mixed in the tank and thru the injectors.

OP
OP
R

RDLDRDLD

I found an error. It is low oil pressure. Prob nothing I can do about it except get it to a place I can plug the block heater in.

Jim A

Usually cold oil make s higher pressure.
Hope engine is not damaged. I use 5w-30 Synthetic diesel oil in cold weather cranks faster starts easy .