Newest style quick couplings

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

If anyone has experienced breaking the newest style quick couplers on the front of their Bobcat that screw into the block you will know just how "EXPENSIVE " they are , $220US for both a male and female , the older style sells for about $50 a set after market , which is really the same name brand , the newest ones get broke alot from the attachment hoses getting hung up on something and give it a tug and they crack , the older ones are much tougher to break , I came up with and idea of how to get rid of them , do away with the valve completely and go back to the regular old flat face couplers , you will lose the by-pass feature of the vavle which allows you to push in on the coupler to release any pressure in the line but it is a redundant feature as the pressure can be released from the seat by the release pressure button on the dash , I have fabed a plate/bracket to take the place of the valve which the couplers go in to , and attached bulkhed fittings to to so the old couplers can be screwed on , the hardest part was getting the bracket mounting right so that the connection could be made to the existing tubing , I have not installed it yet on a machine , but I think it will work out good , wondering if a lot of people elsewhere have the same problem breaking couplers and would be interseted in a way to modify

Tazza

Staff member
A scrappie mate of ours has an S300 that he uses to load 40' shipping containers. He broke the couplings off twice lifting and striking the top of the container. He only uses the 4 in 1 bucket so they hard wired the bucket to the machine. He still has the manifold in the shop, but not on the machine. I see no reason why you can't use the *normal* fittings, they are cheap and work just the same.

skidboy

A scrappie mate of ours has an S300 that he uses to load 40' shipping containers. He broke the couplings off twice lifting and striking the top of the container. He only uses the 4 in 1 bucket so they hard wired the bucket to the machine. He still has the manifold in the shop, but not on the machine. I see no reason why you can't use the *normal* fittings, they are cheap and work just the same.
You will be in trouble with the pressure release as even though the button is still on the dash it is non functioning. It can be done,you will need to fit the valve and tee it into the aux. lines under the cab.

Tazza

Staff member
You will be in trouble with the pressure release as even though the button is still on the dash it is non functioning. It can be done,you will need to fit the valve and tee it into the aux. lines under the cab.
So thats what that small line is for on late model machines? I have seen it a few times but never paid any real attention as i figured it was for specific attachments.