Newbie , need skid steer advice

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ragweed

Hi , just came across this forum seems lots of good info here . I am looking for a used skid steer, to do some work on my small acrerage as well as help me out on a small landscaping business. I have been looking around for a while and would like some advice from those who know these machines I am thinking of a skid steer with weight up to 6k, and up to 60 hp, as most machines around where I live are pricy for what you get I am thinking of driving ( or shippping), I have found a 02-03, 226 cat with 1500 hrs on it in nice shape peiced at 12 K, and wouyld cost me about $700 shipping, or a 763 bob cat with 1100 hrs on it, for 10 k with same shipping . My question is what is your guys opinion regarding these 2 machines , and other suggestions. also if anyone knows of a good deal. also a little concerned about ad on attachments, I think that bobcat attchments are more plentyfull (used) do these attachments also fit the cat ?? Not looking for something that I will be putting alot of hrs on but I do not want junk ,, Thanks in advance

Tazza

Staff member
I can only comment on the Bobcat machine. Thats nice low hours, it has about 43HP and an excellent machine. It has pleanty of power, parts are easily found.
I believe the 763 has a slightly longer wheel base too, but don't quote me.

OP
OP
R

ragweed

I can only comment on the Bobcat machine. Thats nice low hours, it has about 43HP and an excellent machine. It has pleanty of power, parts are easily found.
I believe the 763 has a slightly longer wheel base too, but don't quote me.
Tazza , thanks for the info