Newbee to site needs help on L425

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

moldman

I have a New Holland L425 bought a few months ago for basic yard work. Repaired bucket cylinders and lift cylinders. Now the steering dampers are shot. Cannot find anywhere. Machine runs and starts great, all cylinders repaired and work as they should, no leaks. Can someone please guide me to some new or used steering dampers, if not I will be selling machine as is. Located in southern Michigan, approx. 25 miles north of the Indiana line. Any help is deeply appreciated. Thank You

deaop06

I don't know if this will help you. Messick's shows them as part# 619499 but the price is over the roof at 557.52. I had an old l225 gas skid that I got a steering shock from a VW bus and had to turn a groove for lock ring to make it work. Don't know if it would work for you.Good luck, Ron

OP
OP
M

moldman

I don't know if this will help you. Messick's shows them as part# 619499 but the price is over the roof at 557.52. I had an old l225 gas skid that I got a steering shock from a VW bus and had to turn a groove for lock ring to make it work. Don't know if it would work for you.Good luck, Ron
Thanks, part is obsolete. Found another one in a bone yard M.W. Repair in Millersburg, IN is great. (574) 642-3556 ask for Maynard Whetstone, owner