Newb with 7753. Need to add 14 pin connector

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Onfoot

Very helpful forum! Have been enjoying it for a while but now a member, given that I now own a '93 7753. Overall very happy--my first experience with a skid-steer. I also have a six-way Erskine dozer blade, which has a 14 pin connector harness. The 7753 has the auxiliary hydraulics and MAY once have had a 14 pin connector. The joysticks are what the local dealer calls "Cobra" type, each with two rocker switches--one oriented vertically in the front, and another oriented horizontally facing the operator. The horizontal switches show a hydraulic cylinder extended on one side of the switch and a retracted cylinder on the other side. However, raising the cab reveals that the leads from the joysticks are not connected to anything. According to local dealer, I require a harness and a 'brain' to get the connector. However, on his computer he could only come up with a package that includes new joysticks and all the harnesses, etc. etc.--for $1181. As near as I can tell from the service manual (which I have), it appears that the 7753 was equipped with a 14 pin connector. So two questions: 1. If folks are familiar with the joysticks I describe, can you tell whether they were able to serve the 14 pin connector? (In this case, to run the six way blade.) Can I simply install the brain box and the connector harness? 2. Does anyone have a recommendation as to where I might source what I need? $1181 seems really steep. Many, many thanks!! Onfoot

OP
OP
Onfoot

Onfoot

I inadvertently posted my questions in two Bobcat forums--here in General Questions and then again in Skidsteers. Sorry to be confused! I thought I had lost my original so rewrote and posted again--only to discover that I had changed forum. Then I could not figure out how to remove one of the posts. Ah well.