New_be question: hydrolic noise

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GLWelder

Just bought a NH455. Seems to work fine, but the drives for the wheels whine pretty loud at certain loads. The tires spine out fine and the bucket pump functions w/o much noise. I don't know if this high pitch whine is normal or an indication of a looming problem. I appreciate the feedback from you experienced guys. Thanks George

farmboy55

I would go ahead and service the machine. So you can start out fresh. I would start with the hyd filters, that way you can see what the fluid looks like and if anything is in the filters. dennis

mllud

I would go ahead and service the machine. So you can start out fresh. I would start with the hyd filters, that way you can see what the fluid looks like and if anything is in the filters. dennis
Its hard to say without hearing it. I have a N/H that does whine more under different loads.It really whines when traveling at full speed.Ive been told thats normal.I believe thats drivetrain gear noise.
As long as your powers good and your not hearing clanking or grinding it may be normal. Its a good idea to service as farmboy55 suggests. I dont know if your model has the gear reduction boxes, be sure and chack them. they are easy to overlook. Mike