New to the forum and have a question about a T300 A/C system

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bigpoppa

Okay. So I'm having a problem diagnosing what is wrong with the A/C system. There is definately enough freon in the system to start the compressor but the clutch never pulls in. I pulled the thermostat control down and there are three wires connected to it. Is there a way to jump out the stat to either eliminate or confirm a problem? The machine is my brother-in-laws but I have been running it lately and he is stumped too. If anyone has run into this before or can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated! Thank from a newcomer, Reed

Tazza

Staff member
Try jumping out the low pressure switch
That or run power directally into the clutch of the compressor. It does sound like its low on gas or you have a bad pressure switch. I had this on my car when i burst a hose.

OP
OP
B

bigpoppa

That or run power directally into the clutch of the compressor. It does sound like its low on gas or you have a bad pressure switch. I had this on my car when i burst a hose.
I'm absolutly positive that it's not low on freon. I own a set of gauges and checked that first. I do plan on jumping out the pressure control to see if the clutch pulls in but if it doesn't I guess I will try and jump out the t-stat and see if were in business. Thanks, Reed

Fishfiles

I'm absolutly positive that it's not low on freon. I own a set of gauges and checked that first. I do plan on jumping out the pressure control to see if the clutch pulls in but if it doesn't I guess I will try and jump out the t-stat and see if were in business. Thanks, Reed
The reason I said jump low pressure switch is not that I think it's low on 134 , it's cause I have changed at least 5 or 6 switches cause they failed -------I would say if it don't kick on how can you say it's not low on 134 , I have seen the gauges read 70 with the a/c not on and when jumped and turned on it drops to 10 , which isn't enough to open the switch

Latest posts