New to me hydra mac model 10

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bjur&Sons

I picked up the skid steer the end of July. Have sandblasted and painted it all and have just finished putting the engine back in and hooked up all the hoses. Crossing my fingers that I will have it running and working in a few days

OP
OP
B

Bjur&Sons

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1229981_613843745322528_1801858390_n.jpg?dl=1

OP
OP
B

Bjur&Sons

I'm trying to post pictures but apparently the learning curve is a little steep for me at the moment

Tazza

Staff member
I'm trying to post pictures but apparently the learning curve is a little steep for me at the moment
1229981_613843745322528_1801858390_n.jpg

dodgeking3171

i have a question for you. Does your loader have hydrostatic pumps for the drive wheels or does it use the gear pump for drive and the loader? I was talking with a guy about them and left me a bit confused, I might have to try and contact him again. Only reason i ask is im looking at buying one of these myself. I grew up with a model 8 i believe. Any information you can give me would be much appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
i have a question for you. Does your loader have hydrostatic pumps for the drive wheels or does it use the gear pump for drive and the loader? I was talking with a guy about them and left me a bit confused, I might have to try and contact him again. Only reason i ask is im looking at buying one of these myself. I grew up with a model 8 i believe. Any information you can give me would be much appreciated.
Pretty sure it will be hydrostatic drive, hydraulic drive that you are talking about i have only ever seen on small machines like dingos, the style you stand on the back of.
They should have a vairable displacement pump fitted to the drive wheels, the more you move a steering lever the more oil the pump moves, move it the other way and it reverses the flow and direction of the motor. It's MUCH smoother than standard hydraulic drive from a gear pump.

OP
OP
B

Bjur&Sons

Pretty sure it will be hydrostatic drive, hydraulic drive that you are talking about i have only ever seen on small machines like dingos, the style you stand on the back of.
They should have a vairable displacement pump fitted to the drive wheels, the more you move a steering lever the more oil the pump moves, move it the other way and it reverses the flow and direction of the motor. It's MUCH smoother than standard hydraulic drive from a gear pump.
It is hydrostatic. It's gear driven in that there are no chains driving the wheels it's all gears.