New Holland LX865

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shelby

....Good evening to you You know....I have been running this machine for so long now, I have never really paid attention to pedal position, but I will fool around with mine tomorrow, I don`t think I ever depress those pedals fully in either up or down position(I will check).......and for what it is worth....I never run at full throttle either, maybe three quarter, and that would be about all......I am getting that stupid `(ERROR 2) on my display again......I am usually out of the machine though when it happens.....so it is maybe that seat sensor screwing around. Be careful when your jacking that machine up.......maybe get a service manual......I have never done this operation with this one before, and for the most part...you really don`t need to lift it, you should be able to check everything quite adequately, just lifting your seat and locking it, make sure your center gear box oil level is ok, also check your upper rad hose for wear, there is a spot that it may touch the engine and vibration is never a good thing. Another thing that can happen, it has happened to me twice, my hydraulic filter has come loose, that can make a big mess very quickly, but usually you will smell that oil, and know that something is wrong One other thing, just to be on the safe side, just in case they have not been done in a while, pull your wheels and grease the nipples on the wheel hub assembly, they recommend doing them every 1000 hours or when ever you have a wheel off, it might be good to do that just for your own piece of mind. I will play with those pedals in the AM and let you know what I find.....later S
....One more quick update.....I just walked out to the shop and had a look, check both your upper and lower rad hoses for wear spots, top hose rubs on the turbo engine air intake, and the lower hose rubs on the engine block, the lower hose is the one that will sustain damage the quickest......S

OP
OP
T

Tommy631

....One more quick update.....I just walked out to the shop and had a look, check both your upper and lower rad hoses for wear spots, top hose rubs on the turbo engine air intake, and the lower hose rubs on the engine block, the lower hose is the one that will sustain damage the quickest......S
Wow! Thanks for all those tips. I have been keeping a copy of this conversation (and a few others I have ran across on this forum) in a folder on my laptop. That way I can come back and read it periodically to kick start my memory. I will check over all those items today.

jerry

Wow! Thanks for all those tips. I have been keeping a copy of this conversation (and a few others I have ran across on this forum) in a folder on my laptop. That way I can come back and read it periodically to kick start my memory. I will check over all those items today.
The fuel filter discussion is interesting so I looked up the lx865 on messick's and they must have thought the 865 was going to gulp fuel at a tremendous rate compared to the 665. on the 99 665 there is one little inline filter and a spin on fuel filter/water seperator and that is it. Why not the same thing on the 865?

shelby

The fuel filter discussion is interesting so I looked up the lx865 on messick's and they must have thought the 865 was going to gulp fuel at a tremendous rate compared to the 665. on the 99 665 there is one little inline filter and a spin on fuel filter/water seperator and that is it. Why not the same thing on the 865?
....Hi Jerry In regards to the fuel system, I think the 665 and 865 might be similar, I just don`t really care for the type of filter, it is kind of a twist on (type of thing)......and I would rather have an actual spin on(like what is on tractors etc)......it seems with ours, once I change it, getting the air out of the system is always fun, we had trouble with ours in the beginning, and had the electronic fuel pump quit working, so the dealer added the inline filter, just because it was much easier to change, and way less hassle than the factory system, and since we added the inline filter, we have not had any more trouble, well!!!!actually that is not quite true(we did have another filter problem)(but not a pump problem). Anyway!!!I might as well add the foot pedal thing too.......I do depress them fully both ways, so in regards to foot pedal adjustment, I am thinking that perhaps the pedals on this other 865 might need adjusting(I am thinking that a service manual should be checked in regards to correcting that).....the hydraulics on my machine are quite fast, I would take a guess and say that it takes about 5 seconds to lift the boom from bottom to top at operating RPM. Now here is also an interesting thought, my machine has the emissionised engine, what the exact differences are, I don`t know for sure, but it does require a different oil filter part number....... And now for a big SAFETY TIP........NEVER EVER, do up the seat belt, with the door(if you have a winter cab enclosure) open......(this is a very bad thing to do).......our door has suffered the wrath of having the boom, lift it off its hinges twice, and bending things up a bit, but with some fixing, we got it back into shape, But!!!!!!!this winter it suffered yet another blow, another party was running the skidsteer and accidently dropped the boom on the door, and this of course shattered the glass, and caused a fair bit of swearing(because it was about -25 or so), so after about two hours of heating and bending, and a new glass, low and behold the door fits pretty dam good again.....So!!!!!!never leave the door open with seatbelt on, because sooner or later......you will make the mistake and press those foot pedals......I hope everyone got a good laugh from my door misfortune....LOL(I can laugh about it now)...S PS.....A new door frame is about $1500(Can)(just the frame)....and there are two different frames, and the way to tell them apart is where the door handle is positioned, just a little something to keep in mind for anyone who has yet to experience a door tragedy

shelby

......And since I am on a roll here For anyone that has a heater assembly in there 865......if the fan motor quits, be prepared, New Holland would much prefer that you replace the entire heater assembly as opposed to just a fan motor, I have already had this battle, fortunately for me, I had a great partsman, who went out of his way to find me a motor, it took a day or two to get it, but it worked out good in the end, unfortunately.......my fan motor is yet again starting to make strange noises, it still works mind you, hopefully it will last for a while yet......S

OP
OP
T

Tommy631

......And since I am on a roll here For anyone that has a heater assembly in there 865......if the fan motor quits, be prepared, New Holland would much prefer that you replace the entire heater assembly as opposed to just a fan motor, I have already had this battle, fortunately for me, I had a great partsman, who went out of his way to find me a motor, it took a day or two to get it, but it worked out good in the end, unfortunately.......my fan motor is yet again starting to make strange noises, it still works mind you, hopefully it will last for a while yet......S
Shelby, you talk about getting the air out of the system after changing the filters; Actually I didn't have a problem. I don't know if its OEM, but mine has a fuel bulb before a inline filter. I pumped the bulb until it was tight and it fired right up. You got a bulb on yours?

shelby

Shelby, you talk about getting the air out of the system after changing the filters; Actually I didn't have a problem. I don't know if its OEM, but mine has a fuel bulb before a inline filter. I pumped the bulb until it was tight and it fired right up. You got a bulb on yours?
.....A fuel bulb, no I don`t have that, but I do have the electric fuel pump though(and with a electric pump, it should be rather trouble free)(but it is still a pain) I had an interesting day pertaining to my ERROR 2 code.......I think the problem might be resolved though, I spoke with a mechanic and he said if this code happens again, unhook the wire attached to a sensor on the hydraulic filter head assembly......upon investigating this sensor, I discovered that the wire was in fact loose, so I retightened the wire, and so far so good......but this ERROR CODE is so random, that it may take a day or two to see if it is in fact what the problem was.....but a loose wire, is certainly a good possibility though.....S

OP
OP
T

Tommy631

.....A fuel bulb, no I don`t have that, but I do have the electric fuel pump though(and with a electric pump, it should be rather trouble free)(but it is still a pain) I had an interesting day pertaining to my ERROR 2 code.......I think the problem might be resolved though, I spoke with a mechanic and he said if this code happens again, unhook the wire attached to a sensor on the hydraulic filter head assembly......upon investigating this sensor, I discovered that the wire was in fact loose, so I retightened the wire, and so far so good......but this ERROR CODE is so random, that it may take a day or two to see if it is in fact what the problem was.....but a loose wire, is certainly a good possibility though.....S
The lift problem ended up being an operator problem. The right hand contol (auxillary) was not in the locked position. This was causing the eratic lifting and lowering of the boom. I ran across this "fix" reading over previous post. Thanks to Skidsteer.ca. You hit the nail on the head.. Does anyone know where I can get a owners manual for a lx865, either download or hardcopy, reasonable?

shelby

The lift problem ended up being an operator problem. The right hand contol (auxillary) was not in the locked position. This was causing the eratic lifting and lowering of the boom. I ran across this "fix" reading over previous post. Thanks to Skidsteer.ca. You hit the nail on the head.. Does anyone know where I can get a owners manual for a lx865, either download or hardcopy, reasonable?
.....Hey there T631.....regarding a manual.....your best bet is just to contact your local Ford New Holland dealer and order one, and if you do that, for the extra money, get the service manual, I need a service manual......it does not hurt to have a parts manual too, Its nice to be able to call the dealer and have part numbers on hand, it can save you a lot of time. It can cost a few dollars to have these manuals, but if you are going to keep the machine for any amount of time......I think its a good investment.....later S

shelby

......Update on my ERROR Code.....that loose wire must have been the problem, it has been behaving itself again......S

shelby

......Update on my ERROR Code.....that loose wire must have been the problem, it has been behaving itself again......S
.....Your not going to believe this.......just after posting my ERROR Code update, I went out to feed the cows.......it has been five days, the machine has ran perfect.....I warmed the engine up, idled over to open a gate, climbed out and the machine when into Code.....and then did it again after I had done some work and had idled it down.... So!!! I still am on a quest, thought I had found the problem..guess not!!! I noticed the engine has a bit of a hiccup when its idling now, not sure what might be causing it, it started doing that a few days ago......S

OP
OP
T

Tommy631

.....Your not going to believe this.......just after posting my ERROR Code update, I went out to feed the cows.......it has been five days, the machine has ran perfect.....I warmed the engine up, idled over to open a gate, climbed out and the machine when into Code.....and then did it again after I had done some work and had idled it down.... So!!! I still am on a quest, thought I had found the problem..guess not!!! I noticed the engine has a bit of a hiccup when its idling now, not sure what might be causing it, it started doing that a few days ago......S
Shelby, Have you ever tipped the cab on that machine? I tipped mine over the weekend. There are all kinds of plugs, wires, valves and other gadgets just waiting come undone. Not to mention a pickup truck load of dirt and other debris 5 inches deep. I pulled all the plates and pressure washed it. Afterwards, I did a inspection. I found a few things that could have gotten out of hand such as rubs on the hoses and wires. Maybe there is something else loose down under....

shelby

Shelby, Have you ever tipped the cab on that machine? I tipped mine over the weekend. There are all kinds of plugs, wires, valves and other gadgets just waiting come undone. Not to mention a pickup truck load of dirt and other debris 5 inches deep. I pulled all the plates and pressure washed it. Afterwards, I did a inspection. I found a few things that could have gotten out of hand such as rubs on the hoses and wires. Maybe there is something else loose down under....
...Hey T No I have not had it tipped up, but I did have all the cover plates off underneath, and cleaned out as much stuff as I could, actually all things considered, it was not as bad as I thought it would be......but on the same token, tipping it would be a good thing to do, just to avoid a fire starting, so now that we are into spring weather, it would probably be a good thing to do.....thanks for the advice....S