New Holland LX865 Safety Interlock

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mllud

I left an Earlier Thread looking for help with With my dash computer board.I gave up trying to clear the glitch. I wired the necessary celanoids to a hot wire on the ignition switch and installed a set of gauges. I can moniter my oil pressure and temp. but have lost my safety interlock shutdown. A new dash panel is 800,00. I bought this machine as a basket case with engine out. It is for personal use on five acers. Does anyone Know of an aftermarket safety interlock shutdown system. the dealer told me the machine would not run without the computer. I told him I had been running it for three weeks. He advised me about safety. I wear the seat belt , the bucket and lift celanoids come on with the ignition, I could wire them thru the seat belt curcit. for safety. I want the machine to shut down for oil pressure and temp. problems. and possably hyd. temp and pressure. Im looking for advise. Thanks Mike

Tazza

Staff member
There are "watchdog" systems available over here that do that.
They will monitor oil pressure and engine temperature. If pressure is lost for a set time it shuts down and if temp is too high it shuts down also.
http://www.sig.itel.net/

skidsteer.ca

There are "watchdog" systems available over here that do that.
They will monitor oil pressure and engine temperature. If pressure is lost for a set time it shuts down and if temp is too high it shuts down also.
http://www.sig.itel.net/
In north america the people you want to check out is
www.fwmurphy.com
Tulsa Ok, makers of the murphy switchguage.
They have senders and guages that that monitor, + or- pressures, temperatures, level etc.
The last units we set up @ 7 years ago cost under $300 for a complete set of guages and a module with a reset/ hold until you have oil pressure button.
They work best if the injection pump has a electrical engine stop, but other valves are available for engines with mechanical shut off cables.
Best of all there are few wires and they can be trouble shot "in the field" should the need arise, and if you are eperienceing false shutdowns (which happen from time to time) they can be bypassed because you also have a "real" guage the operator can read.
Ken
(not a fan of computers on equipment)

OP
OP
mllud

mllud

In north america the people you want to check out is
www.fwmurphy.com
Tulsa Ok, makers of the murphy switchguage.
They have senders and guages that that monitor, + or- pressures, temperatures, level etc.
The last units we set up @ 7 years ago cost under $300 for a complete set of guages and a module with a reset/ hold until you have oil pressure button.
They work best if the injection pump has a electrical engine stop, but other valves are available for engines with mechanical shut off cables.
Best of all there are few wires and they can be trouble shot "in the field" should the need arise, and if you are eperienceing false shutdowns (which happen from time to time) they can be bypassed because you also have a "real" guage the operator can read.
Ken
(not a fan of computers on equipment)
looks like a lot of good information. My machine has electric shutoff. The system that was on this machine was way over done. It looks like with the web sites you gents have sent I will be able to get what I want. To keep it safe Ill wire the seat belt and into the curcit with the fuel selenoid. When they design the computer design it to locate the faulty curcit. Im A fan of bobcat skid steers. I saw a new one with all push button controls. I would love to play with it. to own it I would be afraid to keep it past warranty.Not that the mechanical quality isnt there.The electronics take you back to the dealer regaurdless of your mechanical ability. Relays and switches are for me. {keep it simple so my simple mind can fix it] Thanks Mike

charger

looks like a lot of good information. My machine has electric shutoff. The system that was on this machine was way over done. It looks like with the web sites you gents have sent I will be able to get what I want. To keep it safe Ill wire the seat belt and into the curcit with the fuel selenoid. When they design the computer design it to locate the faulty curcit. Im A fan of bobcat skid steers. I saw a new one with all push button controls. I would love to play with it. to own it I would be afraid to keep it past warranty.Not that the mechanical quality isnt there.The electronics take you back to the dealer regaurdless of your mechanical ability. Relays and switches are for me. {keep it simple so my simple mind can fix it] Thanks Mike
new boards only $580.00 canadian,got mine repaired for even less $120.00,what is your problem with your machine???,i`ve worked on hundreds of these machines,mabe i can help you with your problem?

Latest posts