New Holland LS180 Overheating

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

michaelcyt

My LS180 while running it at full throtlle yesterday the temp rose to 218 and the alarm would come on. I lowered the rpms and the temp dropped. I ran it about 30 min at about 75% of throttle and the temp stayed at normal without the alarm coming on. Checked the collant before the workday and it was fine. Checked it after it cooled off and it was the same did not need any. Any ideas guys. Thanks

mfyock

I would invest in one of the temp guns that you can use to measure the acutal temp of the machine. I would first want to verify that it really is getting hot, and not an electrical/gauge error. On cars I have seen waterpumps that the fins of the impellor actully rot away, so even through they are turning, and not leaking, they dont pump much water. Also, when it gets hot, feel on the radiator to make sure it is hot across the entire radiator. You could have a partially clogged radiator.

irvi00

Happened to me once. Turned out to be the fan belt was loose, simple as that. Fan was slipping a little and not moving enough air.

hotdogsL553

Happened to me once. Turned out to be the fan belt was loose, simple as that. Fan was slipping a little and not moving enough air.
When I was in the SCANG Engineers (Heavy Equipment), we would blow out the radiator every other day. They sure get dusty. Thanks, Hotdog

OP
OP
M

michaelcyt

Thanks, I will check the belts and get the radiator cleaned and flushed. Hopefully that will help it.