New guy from Maine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ford lover

Hey everyone, Paul from Sanford Maine. Retired Coast Guard and truck driver. Have a 1830 that is used for moving firewood , snow and older ford trucks to maintaining a 1k foot drive. lost the right side drive the other day and hoping that rebuilding my pumps will be as easy as what I've read in this forum. need to do it soon, as winter will be here all too soon and I don't want to load my sander with a "goon spoon". Hope to hear back from some of you. Seems to be a lot of great info in here. Thanx.

Tazza

Staff member
Welcome to the site.
You may not need to do the pumps, it coul dbe a chain or just a drive motor seal. If you swap drive motors from side to side, that's a good way to work out if the issue is the motor or pump.

OP
OP
F

ford lover

Thanks for the reply Tazza. I plugged both lines from the pump to the motor and had no response while running it and the engine didn't change at all. I was hoping that it might just be a relief valve. I really don't want to pull the pumps, but I don't see that I have too many other options.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the reply Tazza. I plugged both lines from the pump to the motor and had no response while running it and the engine didn't change at all. I was hoping that it might just be a relief valve. I really don't want to pull the pumps, but I don't see that I have too many other options.
That works too, it shows the issue is in the pump. Are there any plugs in the pump housing? generally the relief valves hide under them.
If not, you may need to pull the pump and really get into it to find the issue.