New cutting edge on bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bkonn

I have a smooth edge bucket that has seen better days( This bobcat came from a rental yard) The edge is welded onto the bucket, my question is I would like to be able to change from a tooth system for digging to a smooth edge for grading and finish work. Is there anyone making quick change system without changing the bucket ( maybe some sort of bolt on system) Thanks, Newbie Brian

Fabricator

Centurion

From the above post:
www.erskineattachments.com/attachments/low_prof_material_bucket_teeth_bar_2/index.cfm
I have one like that. Very nice to have the option of teeth without having to have two separate buckets. Works well with no complaints.
Fabricator

Link fixed.
Note remove any character before www. and be sure there is a space at each end and the links will work. :)
Ken
Bobcat makes what is called bucket bites, set of teeth that bolt into the bucket, takes about 10 minutes to remove them, and put them back on. I got them with the 743 I just bought

frank123

Pretty much any dealer that sells skid steers should have access to a factory or assortment of aftermarket bolt on tooth bars for standard size buckets. Depending on how bad your cutting edge is worn, the bolt on tooth bar may or may not securely fasten. Typically they hook over the cutting edge to hold them in place in the vertical plane and bolt to the sides of the bucket. If your edge is really gone, might have to remove what's left and weld in a new one before installing the tooth bar.

perry

Pretty much any dealer that sells skid steers should have access to a factory or assortment of aftermarket bolt on tooth bars for standard size buckets. Depending on how bad your cutting edge is worn, the bolt on tooth bar may or may not securely fasten. Typically they hook over the cutting edge to hold them in place in the vertical plane and bolt to the sides of the bucket. If your edge is really gone, might have to remove what's left and weld in a new one before installing the tooth bar.
I replace a cutting edge on an old bucket, a suggestion if you replace yours, weld about 6 in. at a time going from one end to the other. I have a slight warp from welding too long in one spot.

kolo

I replace a cutting edge on an old bucket, a suggestion if you replace yours, weld about 6 in. at a time going from one end to the other. I have a slight warp from welding too long in one spot.
The tooth bars are nice , but I recommend a second bucket in the interest of time, If you can purchase one just a little smaller than your smooth edge finish bucket so you can just scoop one with the other and get on the trailer and go. Also takes up less room on the trailer.

Latest posts