New bobcat owner

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mbw4462

Just bought my first skidsteer, a restored 610. The guy finds them and rebuilds them for a living so he rebuilds the engine, puts in new hoses, ect. Already finding a lot of uses but was wondering if there is anything to look out for with these older machines. someone had told me if you run them in the cold it can create some condensation in the engine so you have to replace the oil more frequently in the winter. any input would help thanks. here is a pic: http://image20.webshots.com/20/9/43/64/2298943640066221768yijgEE_fs.jpg?track_pagetag=/page/photo/rides/motorsports&track_action=/Owner/ViewActions/FullSize

Jcast

I used to have a 610 up until about a week ago, just purchased a 743B. My dad still has and uses the 610. Anyways, I ran into that problem just the other day. The machine was being used daily and parked in a machine shed after it was used, I went to check the oil and it was like choclate milk. Maybe I should have checked the oil a little more often but I knew it didn't use oil. I dropped the oil out of machine and started asking questions. The answer I got was just what your talking about, being stored inside they collect moisture in the crankcase. Just another thing to be aware of on those machines.

Latest posts