NEW 2015 T650 shutting down--HELP!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RRKW

I've got a new 2015 T650 with 35 hours on the engine. I began getting rail pressure codes (76-16) During a long stretch of plowing snow, the machine beeps 3 times and shuts down completely. I have it at a Bobcat dealer as I type this and after talking with them, I'm not very confident that they even know where to start. This machine has 35 total hours on it!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1ofU

Hello, have you done the first oil change yet ? and fuel filter ? how cold is it where you are at ? i run a 2015 S570 got it with 3 hrs on it , I'm the only operator of the machine it did the 3 beeps on me at 30 hrs , it was 20% outside it would run at a tad above idle it was the fuel filter , they are 55.00 each the machine has 149 hrs on it now and i have gone through 3 fuel filters , each time the temps were 25 or below average 15 to 25 % outside , had to change a fuel filter this morning it had 50 hrs on it and the temp was 24% outside , as soon as you change the filter the machine runs perfect again . the code said something like low fuel pressure i would change the filter and go from there , Hope it helps you out , Jess

OP
OP
R

RRKW

Hello, have you done the first oil change yet ? and fuel filter ? how cold is it where you are at ? i run a 2015 S570 got it with 3 hrs on it , I'm the only operator of the machine it did the 3 beeps on me at 30 hrs , it was 20% outside it would run at a tad above idle it was the fuel filter , they are 55.00 each the machine has 149 hrs on it now and i have gone through 3 fuel filters , each time the temps were 25 or below average 15 to 25 % outside , had to change a fuel filter this morning it had 50 hrs on it and the temp was 24% outside , as soon as you change the filter the machine runs perfect again . the code said something like low fuel pressure i would change the filter and go from there , Hope it helps you out , Jess
I'm changing the fuel filter tomorrow. My machine is stored in a new insulated pole barn and it's kept plugged in when not in use. The temperature you are referring to is about the same I'm running in now. It's just incredible to me that you buy a $60k machine and have to change fuel filters so often. Thanks for the help. I'll post the results when I have them...

farmshop

I'm changing the fuel filter tomorrow. My machine is stored in a new insulated pole barn and it's kept plugged in when not in use. The temperature you are referring to is about the same I'm running in now. It's just incredible to me that you buy a $60k machine and have to change fuel filters so often. Thanks for the help. I'll post the results when I have them...
I would verify that the filters used are the right micron ratings. We had some after market filters for a tractor that were wrong and when it got cold it would choke the tractor. Also are you using heavy or light fuel. I would also check for algae in the tank

reaperman

Were running a 2014, T750 and replaced the filter right around a full years use in November and approx 500 hrs. Living in Minnesota we kind of got caught with our pants down by not running blended fuel soon enough. The machine never threw any codes, it would idle but not throttle up very well. And if it did it rev up, it wouldn't last long before it was chocking. A familiar situation to anyone who has run equipment in northern temps. There is no special micron rating for this filter and I don't think you could find a aftermarket filter either. It has a unique shape and not as user friendly to change like a simple spin on filter.

mmsllc

Were running a 2014, T750 and replaced the filter right around a full years use in November and approx 500 hrs. Living in Minnesota we kind of got caught with our pants down by not running blended fuel soon enough. The machine never threw any codes, it would idle but not throttle up very well. And if it did it rev up, it wouldn't last long before it was chocking. A familiar situation to anyone who has run equipment in northern temps. There is no special micron rating for this filter and I don't think you could find a aftermarket filter either. It has a unique shape and not as user friendly to change like a simple spin on filter.
It really sounds like your fuel is gelling up inside of the fuel filter because of the low ambient air temperatures where it is. I would suggest trying to add some sort of heater to the fuel system to try to prevent future issues later on. Without heating the fuel in those temps, you will probably run through many more filters. Once the fuel is warmer, it will thin out & no longer clog the filter. You can also try to add a fuel treatment, such as "POWER SERVICE" to prevent this condition, plus it is intended to lubricate the fuel system, too. SO, that is a double bonus!! Give it a try!!

Latest posts