need info for bobcat 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tooljim1

trying to find the right turbo kit for my v1702 engine but i need to no what the rpms are for this engine any one no what the rpm range is for this bobcat 743 thank you jim

Bobcatdan

743 were never turbo charged. 743 already proves to have too much power for themselves. Compared to the gas powered 742, 743 break cylinders and boom arms way more often.

Hotrod1830

743 were never turbo charged. 743 already proves to have too much power for themselves. Compared to the gas powered 742, 743 break cylinders and boom arms way more often.
Question is, why do you think you need a turbo? If it seems down on power, maybe you have mechanical issues(engine/hydros)?

Tazza

Staff member
Question is, why do you think you need a turbo? If it seems down on power, maybe you have mechanical issues(engine/hydros)?
Not sure I would add a turbo to that engine, it was never factory, unlike the later V2203 that had a turbo option I believe. I actually wanted to add one to my V2203DI
I'd be concerned that the addition of a turbo could break the V1702.

mmsllc

Not sure I would add a turbo to that engine, it was never factory, unlike the later V2203 that had a turbo option I believe. I actually wanted to add one to my V2203DI
I'd be concerned that the addition of a turbo could break the V1702.
If you need turbo power, it is best to get a larger machine that handle the added torque of a larger / stronger engine. If you start breaking structural / hydraulic system parts, the repairs could cost you a ton. I like the 751's, or larger. They are actually the smallest machine I would consider owning. Even the Kubota engines in them are not turbo-charged.